Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2008, 02:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I bought an 07 Winnebago Voyage back in August. All was working properly. In September I shut it down and left for Mexico for 3 months. My jacks were up. Yesterdy, I returned to my new rig and now I cant get my jacks to go down. I have the parking brake on, tried with key off and on and the slides in. What have I forgotten to do? Thanks for your help.
Suzanne
Dive-n-diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I bought an 07 Winnebago Voyage back in August. All was working properly. In September I shut it down and left for Mexico for 3 months. My jacks were up. Yesterdy, I returned to my new rig and now I cant get my jacks to go down. I have the parking brake on, tried with key off and on and the slides in. What have I forgotten to do? Thanks for your help.
Suzanne
Old 12-13-2008, 02:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

After sitting for that period of time, are you sure your batteries are up to speed? On most of our rigs, the engine (chassis) battery/s operate the slide and jack motor.

Can you normally lower your jacks and operate your slides with the engine running? If so, I would start the engine and try.

Can you operate your slides? If so, that would verify that the motor to the slide/jack system is working.

I am making these suggestions based on the assumption that you have hydraulic jacks and slides.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:52 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I would first release the parking brake and reset it. Then turn the igniyion switch to the "on" position and move the shift lever from park to drive and back to park again. It might be a case that either of the circuits hadn't been fully connected.

Once you're sure both those conitions have been met turn the key to the "accessory" position before hitting th "on" button on the jack control panel.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Suzanne ....

Are your jacks and slides made by Kwikee or by HWH?

Can you start the Voyage engine?

Can you start your generator?
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

WOW what quick replies.
Yes, the batteries are charged and everything else is working fine, slides work fine. Although when I got here all the batteries were dead. We charged them and I ran the generator.

Im not sure if they are Kwikee or by HWH.
Thanks for everything
Suzanne
Old 12-13-2008, 03:25 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

It puzzles me that your slides work but your jacks do not.

You must have a solenoid that is not working ... try things to boost the voltage ... for instance ... start the engine and press the MOM switch ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:33 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

OK, whats an MOM switch?
Will the jacks go down with the slides out?
Ok, call me a dumb blond. But I have not had this rig very long and Im still learning.
I did not get the manuel yet.
thanks
s
Old 12-13-2008, 04:09 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

You should always put the jacks down to level the rig before you extend the slides. Try starting the engine, turn on the leveling system, and see if the jacks deploy.

If you have the HWH leveling system, you can call them Monday and they have excellent technical assistance.

FYI, the MOM switch is a switch on the dash that 'momentarily- MOM' connects the chassis batteries to the house batteries. This is used if you chassis batteries may be low and you want to use the 'juice' from your house batteries to help start the engine.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:34 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I have Kwikee jacks. I guess I will call the dealer Monday morning or Kwikee.
Another stupid question....does it hurt to live in the rig (for 2 days) with jacks up and the slides out? I did it in my old Class C.
Thanks for everybodys help.
Suzanne
Old 12-13-2008, 04:56 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Call Kwikee, tell them you have a Winnie and the dash controller has failed. I had the same problem, it's the unit where you push the buttons. They sent me a new unit at no charge.

They supply a slightly different unit to Winnie. You can go to their web site and see if they have a unit that looks like yours, but since the Winnie unit is slightly different, probably not.

When my unit failed, could not lower the jacks, but the retract worked. You also should get familiar with the jumper plug they supply so that in an emergency you can retract the jacks.

Scroll thru the link below for the PDF files on levelers.

Kwikee PDF files
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:05 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

When my battery went down while we were away from the motor home for three weeks a few years ago, the leveler control board had to be reset by disconnecting it from power for a couple of minutes. As I recall Kwickee told me to remove the front of the control panel and unplug the connector, wait a couple of minutes and plug it back in. It worked fine after I did that.

Kwikee has been bought and I have been unable to get past their auto phone system nowadays. Pressing 0 which with many systems usually gets you to an operator just disconnects the call.

They give dealers a special 800 number to call. They used to have great customer service but those days seem to be gone.

You might try this number - 800-334-4712. Someone posted that they were able to get through using it.

Also regarding the Kwickee electric steps: someone posted this site HERE that rebuilds the step control boards.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:10 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

When my Kwikee Jacks failed to work, I called Kwikee and they had me do the same as the above poster. Remove the control panel and unplug what looks like a phone cable, wait a couple of minutes and plug it back in.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #14
JC2
Winnie-Wise

I've also had success in doing what wthomas1 and clay 1 suggested after our Kwikee steps stopped working.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #15
JC2
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeT:
Call Kwikee, tell them you have a Winnie and the dash controller has failed. I had the same problem, it's the unit where you push the buttons. They sent me a new unit at no charge.

They supply a slightly different unit to Winnie. You can go to their web site and see if they have a unit that looks like yours, but since the Winnie unit is slightly different, probably not.

When my unit failed, could not lower the jacks, but the retract worked. You also should get familiar with the jumper plug they supply so that in an emergency you can retract the jacks.

Scroll thru the link below for the PDF files on levelers.

Kwikee PDF files </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey MikeT:
What is this jumper plug that you speak of?

BTW:
Did you get the awnings bought and installed on your rig after measuring ours?