Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #41
Winnebago Master

Something that the RV will often teach is how to adapt things to fit what we need and that goes for tires and TPMS as much as other items!
One thing that bothered me with the stems and sensors was how much the stem might flex as the wheel turns, so I was interested in securing the sensor.
Careful shopping led to a good solution for the rear dual as I found a set of extensions which had a metal "L" bracket to pop rivet to the wheel simulators.
But for the front I could find no combo of stem and mount, so had to make do with a couple plastic ties and drilling a small hole in the cover.
Sorry about the ugly pictures with all the mud but we are getting the "firehose" type rain coming from the tropical storm. I promise to wash them ---later!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tpms1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	175065   Click image for larger version

Name:	tpms2.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	175066  

Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:06 PM   #42
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Tire valve extenders

Thanks to all who questioned the valve extenders I purchased, y’all led me to rethink the project and I purchased the Master’s set. They come in a two pack, so I accidentally bought more than I needed. Good, because one was faulty.

In any case, they seem much more robust, and I only need one 135 degree for the rear outside tire on each side, and one 45 for each front, rather than the two I had to piece together in the cheap China set. Note that the fit and finish are way better.

One can see the difference it quality, and only I can feel the difference in weight.

I also really liked that they had a nut to tighten them, rather than the simple hatch pattern which I had to use players on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8F859B57-B86A-475C-8DEE-123F5B5C7C58.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	175358