Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Cannot open door

I have a Micro Minnie 1808 fbs. We’ve been out 6 times since we purchased it new in August 2018. I have the camper loaded for a trip this weekend, the slide is partially out, and just went to go back in. I unlocked the double lock, the latch pulls back normally BUT the door will not open! I double and triple checked to make sure it was unlocked and it still will not open. Any help/advice? About to call the dealer but wanted to throw this question to the forum. Thanks.
PC
PC Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:09 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Door issues

In my situation I found that the door merely binds up. Was pulling my hair out till we figured it out. Hoping to find some solutions later. Just a firm push gets us out.
Blkbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I finally got it opened. Even had AAA come out and they couldn’t work it. The service mgr at the dealership called back after AAA left and told me
To just keep working the deadbolt while pushing hard on the door and I’ll be darned, after a few attempts with his method, it opened. Went on our long weekend trip and haven’t had another problem. If AAA hadn’t come out and tried, I’d be thinking it was an “operator error!” ��. Thanks for the reply.
PC Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door