Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-03-2021, 05:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Cabinet sweating

Over the years we have had that occasion when the we were in cool weather and the outside wall cabinets would sweat along the inside top edge of the wall. We have a small dehumidifier and keep the ceiling vents cracked in the cool winter months. Even with these precautions we have been plagued with this condition.

Because Winnebago uses aluminum tubing as the wall framing with the wall board applied to it, the cold turns the tubing into a condenser and the warm moist air in the coach condenses. To insulate this area I found that 1/8" x 1" foam insulating tape works just fine. (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) At this time we are in a remote area for quality stores so I ordered this from Amazon.

The attached picture is in the closet. I used 2 strips of tape because 1 was not enough to cover the cooling area. In the second picture the gray 1/4" x 3/8" tape was my first attempt in the main living area cabinets. The tape was not wide enough to insulate the cooling area. Now, with the 1/8" tape, all is insulated well enough to stop the condensation problem.

I hope someone finds this tip helpful. Living in RV's can be challenging at times. Hopefully this is one less challenge fix.

Happy and safe trails throughout this new year. May 2020 RIP!
Rick Y
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210103_175434[1].jpg
Views:	51
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	176687   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210103_175957[2].jpg
Views:	53
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	176688