Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2022, 01:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Bulb/Led replacement size?

Hi folks,
My Itasca Sunrise 23 1993 is at my sisters home in Vermont. I am going to be heading down and need to replace the existing marker light bulbs above the windshield. Currently the Marker lights leak badly during a rainstorm. They had been caulked by the previous owner but that will need to be redone for sure as the water comes in through the lens and lamp socket and is a problem. So since I will need to remove the old caulk and replace it I might as well change the bulbs to LED so they never burn out...or at least in my life time.
My problem is I don't know what type of bulb is in there. I have looked at the Winnebago manual and can't determine which it is. I would like to buy the bulbs here in Montreal where they are easily available and have them with me when I go to do the repairs. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210922_164236.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	182946  
SunriseMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 04:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Well,we are really getting some shaky info on this one but if one is shopping bulbs, maybe you can make out what this drawing says better than I can?

In other words it looks like this drawing has been copied so many times it is almost a blur----so use some care before trusting too far??

0194 MAYBE? #194 maybe?

Suggest looking at the online that I used before trusting my view too far?

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File.../93icf23rc.pdf

They seem to have copied a book and the pages are laid out next to each other, so look down to B21 and B22 for what I feel is correct but then reading the bulb number is a bit of guess?

Good luck on the search, best I've got here!

Click this to get a better view?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bulb.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	182948   Click image for larger version

Name:	bulb1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	182949  

Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 04:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Richard! Thanks for your advice and I am gonna check out the #194. I am renting a scaffold to get up high enough to do the work since my wife "the safety officer" has now made ladders off limits. I sincerely wish I could just buy larger marker lights and remove the ones that are currently embedded in the RV. But the main concern is to stop the water infiltration asap. We are heading out on holiday June 15 th and have allocated two days to get this job done. So if it is not a #194 then I will just source the standard bulbs locally and hope they last a couple of years before I have to deal with this again!
As for caulking I am using, it is non leveling lap sealant by Dicor which I hope is the correct one. I will use the leveling lap sealant to deal with the seam between the cap on the front and the roof and eventually all of the seams on the sides and back. Any advice here is also much appreciated.
Best
Brian
Old 05-25-2022, 05:06 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Advise? Always cheap and always free but often worth what you paid!!

One point I think helps on water is to think like a raindrop and figure how easy it is to blow around and get into things like lights, so I wat to seal as well as I can but also leave a space at the bottom for any that gets in to drain out before it fills enough to run inside!
I like the Dicor on both and the one which does not self level is right to vertical use. the self level will run down the side, given a chance!

My second best side oncaulking is buying a cheap oscillating tool as it makes gettting the old caulk off so much easier it will spoil you. You can also avoid those gouges in fiberglassfro pressing so hard and suddenly it gives!
A million super fasdt tiny nips gets the old off so much better. I'm tight but I recommend spending a few bucks for something like this and using a flat blade fro any caulk work.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tou...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 07:28 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the advice Richard!
Old 06-01-2022, 07:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Brian, I am going to let you in on a little secret. We just sold our 93 Itasca Passage a few years ago after fighting a leak up front for years. Resealed the roof, every port on it, all the front marker lights and anything else I could think of. Finally came a revelation. The rubber seal around the windshield was the culprit. A friend, in RV repair, told me to think like a raindrop. The way I cured the leak was with black Flexseal tape, half on the rubber and the other half on the fiberglass cap the full length of the windshield. It was still dry when I sold it and the people that bought it are still happy with it. Now we have a 2014 Sunstar and are happy with that. Good luck.
jmo01830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 07:43 PM   #7
Former Winnebago Class A

Just pull one of the current bulbs and look for the type/ID number on it. Then go to Amazon and search LED 12 volt replacement bulbs. The many listings will usually say "replaces" and you can order the correct direct replacements. I did that for my '03 Adventurer and replaced every incandescent bulb....
Old 06-12-2022, 07:37 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

re: leaking clearance lights. The culprit is the actual lens, it fills with water up to the wiring hole, then runs down the wiring, through the roof opening, down into the ceiling. Sealing around the light base only contains water inside the cavity.

The remedy is to drill a 1/16" hole in the bottom of each lens to give water an easy escape route.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, led, replace, replacement