Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-06-2022, 08:50 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Broken blinds Micro Minnie 2100BH

Hi all, on my 3rd trip in my Micro Minnie 2100BH and the blinds over the dinette disconnected on one side. Seems like the only way to fix it is to first take off the valence first but wanted to seek out some advice here before starting the project. Thanks in advance for the help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8B2FC639-A569-4971-B035-345C668F3E5E.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	447.9 KB
ID:	182185  
Behavedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 01:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Mine has exactly the same problem. Haven’t figured out it yet, will keep you posted.

Edit: Just noticed this post was two years ago.
SkipBarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 04:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Wild guess as I have no recent info on the trailer group?
One way that shades, etc are attached is on metal spring clips screwed up to the top of the valance. Can you look up in the area above where the shade should be and spot a metal clamp about 1/4 inch wide?
Is there metal along the top of the shade with indented grooves along each side?

Really crude drawings as seen from end of shade. Possibly two clips spaced along the top inside the valance to snap into grooves on shade, etc.
Click this snip for better view!
Click image for larger version

Name:	shade.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	188801
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 06:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the reply! I have a 2022 2108DS, I think the blinds are screwed directly to the valance. At a ny rate, I can't see a clip which would have been a far better design. I can get to the screw, but it would be a LOT easier if I could remove the valance to get easier access. One end of the blind has fallen because the screw pulled out. Getting it back in the same hole while contorting oneself with a screwdriver is challenging and I'm reasonably sure that once I get the hole and the screw lined up, the screw will probably not bite.
SkipBarnes is offline   Reply With Quote