Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2016, 10:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Big Slide Problem

2011 Winnebago 34Y. Full wall slide is dead. Push the button and nothing happens, no lights, no nothing, slide won't move. All fuses and circuit breakers check good. HELP!
Old 04-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

You need to see if there is power to the switch. Take it apart and check. If no power, you have a fuse or other power related issue. At least it isn't the slide motor. If you have power, you have to go the motor and check there.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 10:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandcheryl View Post
2011 Winnebago 34Y. Full wall slide is dead. Push the button and nothing happens, no lights, no nothing, slide won't move. All fuses and circuit breakers check good. HELP!
is the parking brake engaged? if it is then try releasing it and re-engaging it.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We have a Navion and the slide cannot be deployed unless the motor is running and the emergency brake is on. Try that and see what happens
Lynnowensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 04:21 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I am thinking that there is a reset behind the control panel for the slide. I believe I saw this posted some time last year to help with a similar problem. Worth a peek.

Rick Y
Old 04-17-2016, 04:50 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Our control has a reset. But we were getting an error code and had power at the panel. It turns out one of the motors had come unplugged. Could only get one arm in to put the plug together and the plug was a really tight to seat.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:58 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Fixed!

Got ahold of Winnebago to see if they could help with this problem. Was told to check the micro switches on the slide locks as if they did not close no power would get to the control switch. Checked the back lock first and all looked ok , however one of the wires to one of the switches fell off when I was checking the switch. Put it back on and moved to the front lock. Took the cover off and found one of the micro switch wires completely off, hanging loose! Clipped it back on and slide works perfectly!!!
Thanks Winnebago!
Old 06-20-2016, 01:57 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Rick
Many thanks for sharing the fix - it's sure to help someone down the road! In a total power out situation another fix that might help (after checking all else) is to go to the breaker box (in the Ellipse's driver side engine compartment) and check the actual connections to the breaker - doesn't help when a wire is loose and arcing, or totally disconnected.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:05 PM   #9

I was wondering about the slide locks. I haven't been using mine and just started last weekend. Good info to know!
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:21 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Got ahold of Winnebago to see if they could help with this problem. Was told to check the micro switches on the slide locks as if they did not close no power would get to the control switch. Checked the back lock first and all looked ok , however one of the wires to one of the switches fell off when I was checking the switch. Put it back on and moved to the front lock. Took the cover off and found one of the micro switch wires completely off, hanging loose! Clipped it back on and slide works perfectly!!!
Thanks Winnebago!
I'll remember that one in case it happens to me!
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:41 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Thanks Winnebago!
Did you ever have the locks jam in the down position? I had to buy the upgrade kit for mine. The bedroom lock has not failed since I have owned the coach. Only the two front slides.

I have my toppers off for a restitch as we speak. I found a great amount of water in the lock boxes. We had some heavy rains the other day and the one on the couch slide flooded in to the coach. I thought I had all of the weep holes cleared last week. With the toppers off I could see that leaves and small vegetation particles are in the box. I have cleaned most of that out and I pulled the pipe cleaner all the way through the weep. Not a great design.

When you put the wires back on did you check the connectors for being stretched? I suggest a revisit to your work. Pull each connector off and give it a light pinch with needle nose pliers. Make certain they fit snug.

This Kwike lock is really a good, strong devise. It pulls the top of the slide into the wall securely. I won't travel without setting them.

Happy trails.
Rick Y
Old 06-21-2016, 08:48 AM   #12

How do you clean the weep holes? Just a wire or something?
Old 06-21-2016, 01:50 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Thanks Winnebago!
We have called Winnebago several times for information as well as our dealer. Both have been forthcoming with helpful information. No buyers remorse for buying WGO products.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:35 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2014 Navion , bought new in March 2015 and our slide motor went dead . I brought it in and they found that the slide actually cut the wire . The warranty was expired by a few months . Someone on this site suggested that I ask Winnebago to cover it and they did $ 500 saved . I think they are having issues . Thanks for the advise
johnff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
How do you clean the weep holes? Just a wire or something?
I have long pipe cleaners that I use. I think I got them in the craft section of Walmart. You mentioned a stiff wire. This is not a bad idea for the initial passage opening up process. Then clean with the pipe cleaner. I guess I have not been diligent enough in the cleaning process. I am a bit vertically challenged. I need just a bout all of a 8' ladder to reach them. lol Often the ground around the rig is not ladder friendly so I put the process off.

Slides need to be attended to. Cleaning the weep holes is only one of the maintenance issues. I find inspecting the paint graphics at the slide edge, slides in, from time to time is a good way to see settling. I have adjusted my slides a couple of times. One of the things I will have done when at the GNR is to have them inspected for pending troubles. With the last coach I found regular and close inspections was essential. The basement hung from the slides. The track pads would wear or the bolts holding the basement compartment to the slide would break. We almost lost a basement box that way. That would not have been a happy trails day for certain.

And, don't forget to clean your shore cord plug prongs with a fine sand paper or abrasive of your choice. After I brighten mine up I put a very sparing coat of Ideal brand anti-oxide grease on them. HD, Lowe's or a hardware store will have this in the electrical department. A small tube will go a long way.

Wow. I kind of got off topic from your question. Sorry, Brad, for the rambling.

Happy trails,
Rick
Old 06-22-2016, 09:00 AM   #16

ya, like I never get off topic Rick Thanks for the info. I just now found the second weephole up under the awning.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:09 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
ya, like I never get off topic Rick Thanks for the info. I just now found the second weephole up under the awning.
When our rig was new to us I read about these bug homes in the owners manual. Like you, I had to hunt out the one on the patio slide. I have three all together. I'm about to start a thread on topper repairs. I have pictures to post, including the Kwikee slide lock. You might find all of this of interest.

Keep on keeping on, Brad, and similin' all the way.

Rick Y

Tags
slide