Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Question bedroom slide

we have a 2002 Adventure 35U. the closet also slides out with the bed. when moving it in or out it bumps a bit and the end towards the front drags real hard on the carpet. I just called Winnebago and he said there is slide blocks under there that must need relplaced. has anyone tackled this themselves or if you had the dealer do it how much did it cost?
mikf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

decided to tackle this myself. I discoved that the the nylon pad under the wardrobe had broken and come off. could not just buy the one pad, but the kit only cost $27 plus shipping. called Winnebago service tech again and he said the slide could be extended a little past the outside wall to gain access to replace the pad. I just got done removing all of the wood trim and boy can they hide screws. not a hard job just time consuming. when the parts get here I wil let you know how it worked out. the tech seemed familiar with the procedure so I bet there are other people with the same problem.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Anyone with slides, at least on Winnebagos, will have the nylon glide bushings that the slide rides in/out on. And most of us do have problems with cracked/broken bushings with some being simple to replace and others being very time consuming and complicated to replace. One of the posters with a late model coach did it themselves on two slides in about an hour while another one at Forest City with an older coach, 2002-2004, had the technicians working on it for two days.

Good Luck on your endevor.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Wagonmaster2, Thanks. I did not think I would be the only one with that problem, but no one responded. when I searched the forum all I could find was replacing the ones on the front slide. but when I called Winnebago service the second tech was very helpfull and famaliar with the procedure so I knew I was not the first. Sure would not want to pay 2 techs for 2 days.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

When u do yours pictures of the install as you go would be great to show the rest of us how to do it if we need to, Thanks
Old 11-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

finnaly received the part. when I took the stop off the slide mechanism it went out a little farther but not far enough. I called Winnebago again and this tech told me to do it from the outside. in the compartment above the propane tank there is a bolt to adjust the height of the foot that the nylon pad sits on. moved the slide in a little bit, put a board under the slide close to the wall of the rv and jacked the slide up with a bottle jack. adjusted the foot down enough to put the new pad on { the pad has 2 round post on the the bottom side that fits into holes on the foot} sdjust the foot back up to where it was removed the jack and was done. a very simple procedure, wish I had got that tech the first time. would not have had to remove all of the wood trim. it is all back together now and sliding smoothly and not dragging.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Just one question. Any left over screws?
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:14 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

just 2 that were hidden and hard to get out and I could see no reason to put them back in. do not tell DW.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

When my shop had to take my bed slide apart to fix hydraulic lines, he found that a slide block was completely missing. Must have been like this from the factory, as now my "swoops" in my factory full paint no longer line up.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

MCDuff, my slide pad that I replaced was under the wardrobe, in the compartment underneath it was a nut to adjust it up and down. maybe if you adjust it down a little as long as it does not drag the carpet the paint would line up better.