Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Bathroom Fan Noise

Does anyone else have a problem with the noise made by the standard bathroom fan?

It seems that the fan is hitting the screen. The noise stops when you pull down on the screen. My arm gets tired after a few minutes.

The only solution Winnebago seems to have is to replace it with more expensive fan at my cost.

You would think that after spending thousands on a coach they would have a fan that you can use.

Any solution?
Yorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sounds like the fan blade is bent/warped, OR is simply not installed properly on the motor shaft
Old 01-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

This problem cannot he too hard to remedy. You don't say what kind of fan you have. Is it a small, 6" fan or, is it a "Fanstatik" fan with the full size, 14" fan? In either case, pull the screen down by undoing all the screws and figure out what's the cause of your problem. Maybe the screen has a warp to it in the "UP" direction. If so, warp it in the opposite direction. If the fan appears it's maybe not on the motor shaft far enough, then that may be harder to remedy.

Most of those units are encased in a plastic structure so, you won't be able to "tweak" the structure frame up a tad to create additional clearance between the fan and screen. But, I think you'' be able to come up with something create that needed tiny bit of extra clearance. Good luck.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I have removed mine (not a Fantastic fan) several times for cleaning. Not too tough to do. You should be able to fix it once you can get to the fan blades.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

This happened with our Brave and we thought it would have been better designed.

That's why I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

We have cleaned the screen and it helped with the Brave. Not easy to remove in my opinion.
Yorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I think FIRE UP has the ticket but as a permanent solution have a Fantastic Fan installed...they're quiet and many more times effective- you'll love it!
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Just a suggestion but mine was making noise and hitting and what I found out after taking level measurments is that the coach was not 100% percent level when using the bubble. I added 2 Easy Lite levelers and then tried the fan and the noise went away.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

I got tired of the noise mine made too. I took the fan out of and old computer and mounted it in the vent. Much quieter and seems to work better.
Sunflyer2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan