Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

We just purchased a 2002 Sunrise 32V. There are lights in the basement compartments and each light has a switch on it, but the lights don't come on. I'm guessing there is a master switch somewhere. Anybody have any first hand knowledge about this?
geodrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We just purchased a 2002 Sunrise 32V. There are lights in the basement compartments and each light has a switch on it, but the lights don't come on. I'm guessing there is a master switch somewhere. Anybody have any first hand knowledge about this?
geodrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Don't know for sure on the Sunrise, but on my '03 Ultimate, there is a master switch for the "compartment lights" on a panel just inside the entry door.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by geodrake:
We just purchased a 2002 Sunrise 32V. There are lights in the basement compartments and each light has a switch on it, but the lights don't come on. I'm guessing there is a master switch somewhere. Anybody have any first hand knowledge about this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My master switch is just to the left of the entry door as well by the coach disconnect switch.
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Mine is just inside the door too. Doesn't seem like they would change the location. It should be labeled.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:38 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

ON my 02 Brave its also just inside the door on the left.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:42 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Our 01 Adventurer also has compartment lights, each with it's own individual switch incorporated in the light.
We don't have a master switch, but we do have 2 sets of 12 volt circuit breakers. One set is below the entry stairs just to the rear of the removable top step. The second set is above the microwave.

We have had to replace several light bulbs and at least 2 light assemblies over the years due to water leaking through the top of the compartment where the feed wire comes through.

On the 2 assemblies that we replaced the water rusted away the contacts on the switch. The switch would slide normally but would not make the contacts.

I would first remove the lenses (by squeezing them gently on the sides) and remove the bulbs to be sure the filiments are good, and the contacts havent rusted. Then stick your head in the compartment al look up to see if there's any damage to the switch.

If there are signs of rust on the bulbs, sockets, or switches be sure to reseal the cabinet where the wire comes through and where the screws attach the fixture. Since we replaced and resealed our fixtures we haven't had any additional problems.

New fixtures cost less than $10.00 ea. at most dealers and Camping World.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Inside front door, bottom left. We keep the inside switch on all the time, so the individual compartment light switches are "live" all the time.
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hikerdogs:
Our 01 Adventurer also has compartment lights, each with it's own individual switch incorporated in the light.
We don't have a master switch, but we do have 2 sets of 12 volt circuit breakers. One set is below the entry stairs just to the rear of the removable top step. The second set is above the microwave.

We have had to replace several light bulbs and at least 2 light assemblies over the years due to water leaking through the top of the compartment where the feed wire comes through.

On the 2 assemblies that we replaced the water rusted away the contacts on the switch. The switch would slide normally but would not make the contacts.

I would first remove the lenses (by squeezing them gently on the sides) and remove the bulbs to be sure the filiments are good, and the contacts havent rusted. Then stick your head in the compartment al look up to see if there's any damage to the switch.

If there are signs of rust on the bulbs, sockets, or switches be sure to reseal the cabinet where the wire comes through and where the screws attach the fixture. Since we replaced and resealed our fixtures we haven't had any additional problems.

New fixtures cost less than $10.00 ea. at most dealers and Camping World. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Man that really stinks, Sounds like shoddy workmanship to me, glad we have the Itasca!
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

I have an '02 Ultimate Advantage -- just inside the door to the left is a masterswitch "compartment lights." It is on the panel with switches for compartment locks, inside lights, etc.