Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #21
Winnebago TT

I have a little bit of a different problem... My thermostat is on Electric Heat, then when the temp outside drops, I hear the gas furnace fire up, then shuts off and locks out. I then will switch to Gas Heat, and the gas unit heats up.

I also noticed that on really cold nights, I can turn the Gas Heat on, it will heat up and then never turn back on (guessing it locks out)..then by the time I notice, I get up, turn off the thermostat and back to Gas Heat and it stays on...

I've called RVP and they say that sometimes a propane tank can accumulate oil and this oil gets trapped in the rubber hose that comes out of the regulator, so they suggested to remove the line and see if oil comes out. They said that the oil solidifies in the line and won't let propane pass through.

Has anyone tried this??
ScottLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #22

From what i am reading, the comments are pretaining to heat;;;; What I have is several Thermo cubes. Pluged into various Outlets. Them I just plug in a 60 watt light bulb. The temp drops and the lamp turns on; Mine are the Turn on at 38 Degrees type. That way the heaters/bulbs do not run all the time.. I guess I might go Called a Conservative LIfe is good;
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
RalphA,

Does your unit have the fluorescent ceiling lights? If so, does your system act the same with the lights off?

I had a RF filter (capacitor) go bad in one of my ceiling lights. It caused the AC/Heat pump to do some really strange things when the light was on. It took me about two weeks to figure out the connection between the two.
Ralph, that's a new one on me with the ceiling lights. I had a '97 Southwind that the ceiling lights screwed up the eye brow control panel on my refrigerator and on my current 2004 Meridian they fouled up the remote control on the front TV. On the '97 I had to add capacitors (I think that's what they were called) on each light and on the 2004 I contacted the light company and they sent me new light fixtures with a switch on each fixture so the front ones could be individually turned off during TV watching.

Wouldn't it be terrific if the RV manufacturers could do things right the first time instead of leaving it up to us owners?
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote