Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
If you do a search on my screen name I've had numerous failures with my basement A/C all requiring new components, all caused by low voltage. My latest failure was caused buy a loose burnt wire going into the transfer switch. Just found it on a whim. Also I added the Hughes transformer as a booster to help out.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Don't know how recent the previous postings are
Feb 2007 ...
Quote:
When we turn it on you can hear the outside blower come on, then the first compressor, a few seconds pass and it sounds as if the second one starts and then it all shuts down
I would suspect the start capacitor/wiring on the first stage compressor. You could open the hinged door on the side of the coach, then remove the cover over the electrical connections toward the rear of the unit, and check for burned wiring, etc.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossilhog View Post
If you do a search on my screen name I've had numerous failures with my basement A/C all requiring new components, all caused by low voltage. My latest failure was caused buy a loose burnt wire going into the transfer switch. Just found it on a whim. Also I added the Hughes transformer as a booster to help out.
Is your autoformer 30A or 50A?
simbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:50 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbil View Post
Is your autoformer 30A or 50A?
30 Amp
Old 03-29-2011, 08:15 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Squirrel Cage Noise

My unit did burn up the board due to low voltage. Dealer replaced PC board and re-installed the unit. Now have noise. Dealer says it is all OK. Wife and he don't agree!!!
You can see the cage under unit. Has anyone ever taken off the screen and tightened the cage?
Unit does not appear level, as water comes out under fan, not through the rubber spout forward of squirrel cage. Could this be causing the noise?
All help is appreciated.
ernied7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

And I presume the rig is level? There shouldn't be noise like that.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #27
KIX
Winnebago Master

The rattling noise may be the squirrel cage blower (not the motor). the newer squirrel cage blower is plastic. the older metal ones eventually loosen and cause rattling.

Compressor relays may be the cause of a non-starting compressor. Open the electrical panel at the unit and look in the top RH corner for the two rectangular modules. They each will have several wires attached via spade connectors. The top one is #1 and the next one down is the #2 compressor.

If you are not familiar with working around capacitors be aware that they store electricity and can shock you even if the power is disconnected. Learn how to discharge before you get "bit".

A contributor to this forum wrote a very good article with pictures about removal and repair of the Coleman-Mack unit. Search for "Dunner".
Old 03-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Wooooo...to much info for me. Call Apalachee RV in Auburn Georgia. 770-868-0999
These folks do service only and have a great reputation. Speak to Tracey.