Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2021, 03:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Basement air trouble

Hi Newbie here
Searched the ol internet to no avail to find the answer to this problem. Found a lot of useful info on here but nothing that matches my scenario
My air turns on stage 1 starts as it should 30 seconds later stage 2 kicks in , outdoor blower pauses for a second while it starts and both compressors run for exactly 3 minutes and shuts off for 3 minutes and the cycle keeps repeating itself . I get cold air inside when they are running but obviously can’t keep up with the heat short cycling
I did find several burnt wires in the control box that I repaired, don’t think any were completely burnt into but close . 2 of which go to the outdoor freeze sensor. Also while acs are running green led blinks normal condition code and red led illuminates to show 2nd compressors being called for . When not running I get 3 quick green led light blinks which according to schematic means Indoor or outdoor freeze temp out of range . I left system off overnight in case it was indeed froze up but when I tried it again this morning it was still on the 3 min cycle I don’t believe it’s possible to freeze up that quickly
Any ideas ? Seems to me a freeze sensor is reporting false info and shutting system down , but I do not know how to troubleshoot that
Mkeeton1 is offline   Reply With Quote