Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #41
Former Winnebago Class A

Thanks... I think I'll go rescue my rig from this shop and play with it a little myself. I sure wish I could find an RV repair/maintenance facility in my area that I can trust to diagnose and repair things on my coach the first time and correctly...
Old 08-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #42
Winnie-Wise

Take a ride out to New Jersey and I will take a look at it for you !
Old 08-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #43
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtstriker View Post
Thanks... I think I'll go rescue my rig from this shop and play with it a little myself. I sure wish I could find an RV repair/maintenance facility in my area that I can trust to diagnose and repair things on my coach the first time and correctly...
My neighbors family owns a heating and a/c company. They were happy to send a guy out to take a look at it after we had pulled it out and set it on some boards next to the MH. Most of the work is unbolting and removing all the screws plus it is a great time to clean everything and if your fans are still good oil them. When we put it back in was when we discovered the duct was broken going up in the rear cap.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #44
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
My neighbors family owns a heating and a/c company. They were happy to send a guy out to take a look at it after we had pulled it out and set it on some boards next to the MH. Most of the work is unbolting and removing all the screws plus it is a great time to clean everything and if your fans are still good oil them. When we put it back in was when we discovered the duct was broken going up in the rear cap.
Mark is spot on!!!

I've heard from many of the iRV2 members since I wrote and published the basement removal procedure in 2008. The A/C guys will work on our units if it's setting out in the open with all the power and control wire still attached for diagnosis and testing.

I've had mine out twice and both time the rear ducting needed joints patched back up. That is the real weakness in the Winnebago design.... it's just not that robust and hard to work on inside the rear cap.

Happy Trails,
Bill
Old 08-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #45
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtstriker View Post
call brazels rv in centralia wa and ask for a recommendation. brazels is a sponsor of this forum.

https://www.brazelsrv.com/
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basement air, coleman 6535, itasca, winnebago