Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-28-2016, 07:53 PM   #41
Winnie-Wise

Well, I received all six of the capacitors yesterday and I installed them this afternoon. Re-installed the outside squirrel cage and fired her up. Everything works! I still want to replace the aluminum fan in the inside squirrel cage with a plastic one and also replace the motor bushing. I am having a tough time removing the squirrel cage from that inner compartment. Very tight fit. Oh well, I'll find a way. Any suggestions would help. Also, there is a small green LED light on the circuit board that is always flashing slowly. Is this normal...?
Steve
Old 09-29-2016, 07:44 AM   #42
Winnie-Wise

Steve, I have found that the green led flashing light flashes when the coach is not hooked up to ac power. When ac power is present, the light stays steady green. I didn't replace the squirrel cage on the inside blower, did not see a need to at this point.

BTW, for those of us who have the CAT engines, if you ever have to remove the radiator and CAC for cleaning, etc., it is much easier if you remove the ac unit as it gives a a wide open access to hose clamps, bolts, etc. that need to be removed to free up the right side of the radiator and CAC. I did not know this when I did ours back in April, but now I know!!
Old 10-01-2016, 04:32 AM   #43
Winnebago Camper

I just change a bad bearing in our 04 Vectra which wasn't bad to do at all. Bill Elsenpeter did a great job with writing detailed instructions with photos to follow.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...zBiZTYxYzU5ZWQ
stuh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:15 AM   #44
Winnie-Wise

There is a loose white wire in the compartment which houses the interior fan. I believe that it is just a temperature sensor but I'm not sure. Is anyone familiar with what it is for?
Old 10-13-2016, 07:54 AM   #45
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzfan View Post
There is a loose white wire in the compartment which houses the interior fan. I believe that it is just a temperature sensor but I'm not sure. Is anyone familiar with what it is for?
Is there a clip on the end? Might be the evaporator coil sensor wire. Take a look at #40 in this parts diagram Laurelhurst Distributors Parts Breakdown - Air Conditioners
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:07 PM   #46
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
Is there a clip on the end? Might be the evaporator coil sensor wire. Take a look at #40 in this parts diagram Laurelhurst Distributors Parts Breakdown - Air Conditioners
Thanks Mark. I bet that's what it is. It has a solid metal end on it. Does it just hang loose?
Old 10-16-2016, 06:02 PM   #47
Winnie-Wise

I just realized that when I turn on the fan switch, the power shows an increase but the fan does not come on. If I go outside and start the fan squirrel cage spinning by hand, the fan will work fine. I can switch it from lo to hi and it keeps working, but after I shut it down for awhile, it refuses to start by itself. Do you think I need to replace the motor?
Old 10-17-2016, 07:31 AM   #48
Winnie-Wise

Steve, sounds like a capacitor issue, did you replaced those with the same # of farads as listed on the old ones? Just a thought.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:22 AM   #49
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzfan View Post
Thanks Mark. I bet that's what it is. It has a solid metal end on it. Does it just hang loose?
Sorry it took so long for me to notice this.

I think it gets clipped onto one of the fins of the evaporator coil. If it's just a solid piece the clip may have broken. I believe it is to sense if the coil is freezing. Maybe someone with more knowledge of HVAC can say for sure.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:46 AM   #50
Winnie-Wise

Hi Barry, Yes it was the capacitor. One of the wires had come off. Thanks. And as far as the extra wire goes, I'm sure that it's the sensor wire. I just stuck it between the fins of the evaporator and kind of wedged it in place. I think it will be fine.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:54 PM   #51
Winnie-Wise

Glad it worked out, Steve, yes the extra wire is the sensor wire.