Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2007, 05:03 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeilV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pubtym:
Major advantage is the increased filtration of dust..pollen particles etc...cleaner overall inside air space. They are accordion type/ layered construction so there's a larger working surface area than cheaper ones. Mine last 2-3 months. The old saying " You get what you pay for"... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your cooling coils won't get dirty as fast either when you use a good filter. That keeps the unit running at peak efficiency, reduces the frequency/cost of having the coils cleaned and adds to its life.

When you replace the filter it is a good time to inspect the coils. On my 35U you can easily see the coils with the aid of a good flashlight and now that I have them clean an occasional spritz with some self rinsing coil cleaner is all it takes to keep them that way. Self rinsing coil cleaner is available at the Home Depot type stores as either an aerosol, pump spray or bulk product that you put in your own sprayer. Just follow the directions on the label. Some light encouragement with a new toilet brush, (That means one that has never seen or actually been near to a toilet. This can be a very important issue with the wife.) may be required the first time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Monthly, I rinse/clean the outside of the coils by low volume spray of Simple Green on coils....set for 10 minutes ...then low volume complete hose fresh water rinse. Are you saying I can clean them same way from inside the filter well below the filter?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all the info. Does anyone know the dimensions of the one in a 2004 Journey to save me a trip to the storage place and then back to the Walmart next door to my office?

Thanks

22ft TPD Trailer
Slowdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:39 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Mine on the 2002 is a 14" X 20"
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:58 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Slowdragon ...

I have a 2004 39W Journey ... my filter is on the floor directly under the bedroom TV ... in the curbside rear corner of the coach

To access it you take out the bottom drawer and reach through the opening ... the filter just lays in a little frame

It is a 14" by 20" filter
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote