Been there...done that! On our 2002 Journey, it was the #1 compressor. Compressor was $350.00, and R/R was performed by my neighbor who does commercial HVAC work. Labor ended up being $85.00, as he was in and out in 1 hour.
I did the removal and re-install, which took several hours. Upon removal, I found that when the unit was originally installed, the foam seal on the duct work for cool air out was not in place, and therefore I was loosing cool air to the atmosphere. At the same time, I found that my duct work going up from the unit behind the rear cap had separated at the taped seam.
After the compressor was replaced, and re-installed properly, and the duct work was re-taped, it actually works very well.
Back to your question. The electrical components are very accessible, as the cover is hinged and will swing up to gain access to the electrical cabinet. If you are handy with a multi-meter, after downloading the manual from the Rvcomfort
, you may be able to determine what the issue is. Hopefully it is not the compressor.
There surely seems to be a lot of issues with the compressors that they use in these units. Mine was a Tecumseh compressor. Hopefully your repair will be something minor.
While you are at it, you may want to take a look at your duct work to make sure that it is still sealed. When I was repairing mine, I used an IR w/laser sight non-contact thermometer to make sure I had repaired all the leaks.