Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

So what do you all think of this modification. The banks system with the auto mind and trans command? Is it worth the money? Do you see a difference in performance? 25000 miles on the coach now with out it, and am thinking about the upgrade, for a performance improvment, pulling a toad, and faster merging onto the highway. We don't do any west coast mountian driving at all Just the east coast HILLS.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

So what do you all think of this modification. The banks system with the auto mind and trans command? Is it worth the money? Do you see a difference in performance? 25000 miles on the coach now with out it, and am thinking about the upgrade, for a performance improvment, pulling a toad, and faster merging onto the highway. We don't do any west coast mountian driving at all Just the east coast HILLS.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Have had Banks sys on three Fords and it served very well for your power and pulling power but something new has shown up Ultra-Power.

Ford chip

This is the start of the thread on the subject cost $695 compared to $2700 to $3000.
The Ford chip is programed by BRAZELS and will make a difference in your performance.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

007 Thanks for the link. I tried to get back to you yesterday but the website must of been having troubles as it all of the sudden it slowed down and wouldn't connect any more. The chip looks cheaper but it doesnt change the way that the air enters and exits the engine the way the "banks system" does. I'll have to research it more. Any others have the system and like to comment?
Old 04-19-2007, 03:02 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I had a Banks Power Pack and TransCommand installed on our 1990 Winnebago Elandan.

I wanted the additional power that it promised, and would be happy to accept any improvement in fuel consumption.

To add to "007"'s comment, the TransCommand is the chip matter and the PowerPack is the opening up and removing of air flow restrictions, from intake to exhaust. I'm not a techie type, but I think I'm correct in saying that a more unrestricted air flow will provide additional HP and a "chip" will also do that; together you get the benefit of both.

Ciao,

Doug

Banks PowerPack & Transcommand
DougJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:46 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

The chip is off the ECM of your engine. I think the chip will be programed for best operation between your ECM chip and Trans.
I have a cool air intake, CAI, that I purchased from Brazels for my WH and installed myself.

You should send Mike at Brazels a PM and ask if he has one for Ford yet, any link to Brazels or one of his posts has a link.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:08 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

OK guys, thanks a LOT. I'll check into it.