Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Thudman,
The short answer is no. The reflector remained where A&E mounted it. The reflector is what I glued the cookie too. The reflector was mounted to the wind sensor housing by A&E. The reflector was a fix for the mystery auto retractions. I have had wind sensors with and without the reflector. The reflector made no difference in the frequence of auto retractions.

The 1/4" hole is located at the bottom of the sensor just above the sealant. There is no way to know for sure if it drains the sensor. There is no reason why it should not drain the sensor.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

guntruck,
I can speak only for my awning (A&E Weather Pro). If the awning is the correct length (distance from the coach when deployed) the awning arms should be fully extended. The lower and upper arm should be straight together (against each other), where they join in the middle. If they are almost together, the awning is too short.

This is one change that I really do not see what the big deal is about. As the user of the coach, I get nothing for the trouble of having the awning replaced. It worked better before the switch. I cannot tell the difference of three inches when one is looking a 10 feet or so.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:10 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by guntruck:
Is there a general awning length off the coach? How for should the roller be out to operate? I couldnt find anyting in the instructions? How do I know if maybe my fabric maybe an inch or so short? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Probably only the Winnie engineers and A&E know what the designed awning size should be. It is a complete mystery to me why some awnings dump water and some don't. There also doesn't seem to be any consistency about what the arm angle should be. I recently visited with an owner of a 2007 Horizon and his awning arms actually extended past 180 degree extension to maybe 182 degrees. It certainly didn't look like any others I have ever seen.

A while ago, somebody told me that the awning should only be extended until the scalloped trim is vertical with the ground, but I am now convinced the awning should be extended as far as possible.

I have concluded there are some things in this world we are not meant to understand, this awning is in that category

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

LOL good point John and I agree! That being said just for the record my arms are far from extended. I was confused from the get when I saw this and jsut figured well its new so it must be right. I will have it checked by the dealer when it returns for the other issues. Thanks to everyone for there input, as always much appreciated!