Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

awning

Has anyone else experienced problems with wind sensor on Winnebago Motor homes with A&E Awning? Any suggestions of a permanent cure?
Thanks
Leonard
LCBOYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Mine would roll up on calm days. I turned the wind sensor off. That is done with the remote control by pressing two buttons at once. Don't remember which ones. I had to email the RV dealer to get the instructions. It was not in my user manual.
sam-tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCBOYER View Post
Has anyone else experienced problems with wind sensor on Winnebago Motor homes with A&E Awning? Any suggestions of a permanent cure?
Thanks
Leonard
I have had issues with my awning so I replaced the electronics and that did not fix it. Then one day a small breeze came up and damned if the awning rolled up and now seems to be working. I trust it as much as I trust a hungry Pit Bull!!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I don't trust mine. It has retracted a few times during wind but I don't trust it to do it in time... all of the time. I thought it wasn't working and had the dealer check it and it was NTF. Mine has an on/off switch on the control box located in one of the storage bays.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Our awning has a mind of its own -- calm days, it will go up for no apparent reason?? Then the wind will be gusting and the awning does not retract. I've cleaned the sensor and checked the settings, finally gave up on relying on the awning to retract if needed. We store the awning anytime we leave the MH.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Never had a problem because I never use the thing. I don't leave the awning out unattended and when the wind is picking up I make sure the remote is within reach.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We have had the electronics packare and motor replaced on ours...on several occasions because it wouldn't roll up in hot weather (as in AZ in the summer). Finally, last year while at the WIT Rally, the manufacturer sent over their techs. They upgraded the electronics and replaced the wind sensor with one which has been modified (looks the same except that it has a sticker on top...reflective). Now the durn thing works like a charm...always. And I have to say, that after once leaving an awning out/sloped on our TT and having the arm bent by a sudden downpour, we NEVER leave the coach with the big automatic awning out and even will put in the smaller ones if the sky looks like storms might come up (late afternoon thunderstorms).
Old 06-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Does anyone know what this is???????? it is on the roof , over the bathroom, dont think it is a vent because the fan vent is there and the sewer/water vent is there.. this looks like it is missing a cover, the heartland dealer said it may be for the awning wind sensor ????

Hope the attachment came out ok.. tks Pat

Click image for larger version

Name:	0529110802a.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	11000
pmachmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

That looks nothing like the wind sensor we have.

Tags
heartland