Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2007, 08:00 PM   #1

In my Ford chasis 2001 Adventure, my front access "hood" (grill) motor access entry is misaligned. The top hangs out from the body about an inch. All I see as ajustments are the side rubber bumper points. How can I draw the top back in so it fits flush with the rest of the front end? The dealer had no clue.
no18yes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:00 PM   #2

In my Ford chasis 2001 Adventure, my front access "hood" (grill) motor access entry is misaligned. The top hangs out from the body about an inch. All I see as ajustments are the side rubber bumper points. How can I draw the top back in so it fits flush with the rest of the front end? The dealer had no clue.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by no18yes:
In my Ford chasis 2001 Adventure, my front access "hood" (grill) motor access entry is misaligned. The top hangs out from the body about an inch. All I see as ajustments are the side rubber bumper points. How can I draw the top back in so it fits flush with the rest of the front end? The dealer had no clue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here and to me it looks like it is the center bottom bumper that has compressed. It also looks like it is at the end of its adjustment. Some day I will see about getting a new rubber pad for it or see if gluing a shim to the backside of the hood where it strikes helps.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

The 01 had the hood hinge glued to the body mount, on the inside of the front cap. They may have become unglued and is allowing mis-alignment. Just a suggestion for a look see.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:16 AM   #5

I just had to re-glue the driver's side hinge on my coach. The original glue lasted nearly a year longer than the one on the opposite side.

FWIW, I used SEM 39537 Weld-Bond adhesive on both sides.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #6

You know, when I first delved into this problem I noticed that the side supports were "glued?" What's with that? What kind of glue do you use to reglue it?
Old 02-23-2007, 07:21 PM   #7

I haven't found anything yet that JB Weld wouldn't hold. 2 part steel epoxy.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:12 AM   #8

JB Weld will not hold this. I tried. Neither will Gorilla glue.

As mentioned above, I used SEM 39537 Weld-Bond adhesive.

Here's just one site you can visit to read about it. Check around others for better price.

http://www.levineautoparts.com/semwelad.html
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

I have 2003 Brave. Last year, in Canada, I leaned against the front of my rig while talking to a friend and the grill caved in. When I got it home and told the dealer, he said "it happens".. I've owned many vehicles in my life and I have never had them just "fall apart". Today as I washed the rig for my first trip, the center rubber trim between the windshield halves fell down. Seems no one at the factory could spare more than a 1" patch of adhesive to hold the top section on.

It is getting so that I wonder if my rig should have had a lemon yellow color.

Paul
terceiro is offline   Reply With Quote