Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-18-2015, 07:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Annoying problem with dinette cushions

We have a 2015 Aspect and the dinette seat back cushions are a PITA. They are cut to fit inside the back cushion and the seat cushion BUT every time you sit on the seat they pop out . Even driving down the road they just pop out and slide off the seat onto the floor under the table. I spoke to Winnebago customer service and their response was " that's just the way they are made " Now on the 2016 I see they redesigned the back seat cushions to eliminate the problem.

" I guess its just they way they are made" . Sometimes I just wonder if the design engineers ever made it past the 3rd grade........
Old 10-18-2015, 07:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

In engineering, the big things are usually properly designed. Not always, but usually. When beginning my career I quickly learned that a good engineer makes sure the little details are also checked.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I meant no dis-respect to the engineering society Its just frustrating that they realize the problem and make changes but yet offer no help to previous year production owners. I guess its all about the $$$

We have had a few other issues with our '15 Aspect that are being resolved as I type this....but overall we are pleased with the coach.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:13 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

To keep our seat cushions from sliding we place material under them like we used in dish compartments to keep dishes from sliding.
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:26 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

During the 1980’s I was making a good living as a petroleum geologist so I’d always make certain my wife had a new car to drive. After a series of unfortunate annoying problems with the various cars I’d purchased new I decided that it just wasn’t worth the eventual disappointment buying new cars. Since I’m also a good mechanic, I began buying upscale used cars. My wife certainly loved her first Mercedes, even though it was two years old when we bought it. She went totally bonkers over her next car, a bright red Porsche. It’s been about 30 years and I haven’t purchased a new car since I originally made that decision and I’ve been very happy with my transportation choices over the past three decades.
Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:29 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I agree 100%....there is a false sense of security with buying new. Many years ago ( 1995 ) we purchased a new boat and had nothing but problems from day one. After two trips of sending it back to the factory ( at manufacturers expense ) we decide to sell it. From then on over the years we purchased many 2-3 year old boats and had great success. When we decided to make the transition from boats to motorhomes we continued with our plan of slightly used coaches.

For some reason a few months ago we decided to downsize and went new. I guess there is a lot of truth in the belief in buying used and let the other guy take the depreciation and work out all the bugs.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:51 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladog View Post
We have a 2015 Aspect and the dinette seat back cushions are a PITA. They are cut to fit inside the back cushion and the seat cushion BUT every time you sit on the seat they pop out . Even driving down the road they just pop out and slide off the seat onto the floor under the table. I spoke to Winnebago customer service and their response was " that's just the way they are made " Now on the 2016 I see they redesigned the back seat cushions to eliminate the problem.

" I guess its just they way they are made" . Sometimes I just wonder if the design engineers ever made it past the 3rd grade........

Another option is to use the self sticky Velcro on the bottoms of the cushions that have a tendency to wander. You may need to have the Velcro sewn to the cushions, and install a couple of tiny screws in the Velcro on the seat base, but that will keep the cushions from going AWOL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:00 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks.... I was thinking of something along those lines. When I get the coach back from the dealer next week I will take a good hard look at that ....and see what we can do. I was thinking of a local upholstery shop taking a look at it also...maybe installing some type of " snap ".
Old 10-19-2015, 07:34 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I have used both the velcro and the anti slip. The anti slip works the best. I currently use it to keep the couch cushions in place.

Amazon.com - Ultra Stop Non-Slip Indoor Rug Pad, Size: 4' x 6' -
Old 10-19-2015, 10:31 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I agree that some accomodation to owners when there are upgrades or fixes would go along way in customer satisfaction. I don't think at no cost but at least notications and a 25% customer coupon. I suppose crzy folks like me who trade more than makes pocketbook sense might not trade as much.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:43 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

This is the rear section of the cushion that continually pops out.........

Old 10-19-2015, 05:11 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

FWIW I suspect it's the fabric is too slick to stay in place. I's start with some of the rubberized mesh maybe taped in place to see what happened.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:17 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Yes.....its a vinyl cushion pushed into a vinyl cushion....and it relies on the seat cushion to hold it in place. When you sit on the seat it releases the hold and it pops out.

Its frustrating....
Old 10-19-2015, 06:39 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

try rolling a sheet or bubble warp in the bottom between the 2 to apply pressure from the bottom up and see if that works JMHO
aschuh53 is offline   Reply With Quote