Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-23-2011, 07:23 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

extra a/c

I don't have any picures right now,but all I did was buy a dryer vent and install it on a piece of wood. In our coach there is a small sliding window right beside the right front seat, I slide the window up and put the wood with vent installed. I cut the plywood to fit the contour of the window, the a/c has a flesible hose that goes from the vent to the a/c. I do have to drain the water every day, I also added a clear plastic hose to the drain that helps draining the water into a gallon jug.
Billy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy S View Post
We are parked in south Texas, was close to 100 today. When we got back to the coach today after being gone all day, the temperature was 77 inside. We have a 40 foot coach with the basement air. Last year I added a roll around unit, 12,000 BTU's, without the extra A/C unit we would have been in the high 80's. It is easy to install, you do have to vent it outside, but that is easy. You can get them at Lowes and other places for about $300. I roll it to the bedroom and store it there, the bedroom slide keeps it from rolling around. It is a lot easier than installing a roof air.
That is a great idea. I have one of those in my home office and it's 400 sq ft. In about 30 minutes you can see your breath. You could also drill a small hole in the floor to drain the water. Wish I'd thought to bring mine on this 3 month trip...
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

thanx

thanx for everyones feedback.. I am relieved to know that I am not alone out there. quick update, I verified that the filter was still clean and purchased a roll of aluminium blanket from Home Depot that I will place between the cab windows and the curtain. additionally I brought an 18' x 8' sun screen to attached to the awing, all in hopes of reducing the sun's searing rays. that's a great idea on the stand alone airconditioner. I have one that we can use in the MH when we are not home, and it has the built in plate for sliding windows. just need to remember to drain the water. Len
LKANER is offline   Reply With Quote