Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Mark, nice job. On my rig, the rear cap is one humongous piece, w/no bumper. And today I resealed some minor leaks on my rear duct at the lower level where it turns upward. Hopefully ready for summer!

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the great pictures. We're still waiting for the warranty company to approve the repair to our camper. The bumper on our 03 Itasca Suncruiser 38G is also built into the rear cap. Seems like a bad design since the rear cap could have to be replaced in the event the bumper gets smashed.
Thanks for all the input and pictures. Drive safely.
Magumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:49 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Probably not another Winnebago for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foz View Post
We had the same trouble a couple years back. Winnebago paid to have Lazydays remove our cap, repair the ductwork (retape & cover with foam), and reinstall the cap.
I've just had the same issue, however Winnebago has decided to no longer cover it. I'm disappointed with their unwillingness to acknowledge that this is a fairly widespread issue and offer some assistance. A search anywhere shows that it happens frequently and even to a lay person like myself points to engineering problems that were not completely solved with this layout.

Certainly I understand that a company can not warranty an item forever. That would be completely unreasonable! My discussion with the lead service rep however had him denying to me that it was a common problem. With the fleet of these with basement AC(s) aging, it can't help but become an even more common occurrence for the duct work to separate.

We are looking to move up to a little larger newer motor home in the relatively near future, and believe me there is no longer ANY warm fuzzy feeling for Winnebago. There are quite a few fine manufacturers of motor homes out there. I look forward to checking them out...before buying again you all might want to do the same...
bandirector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Here is my story from last summer:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/duct...ion-71122.html

Photo's here:

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/member.php?uid=19690&protype=1
Old 04-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandirector View Post
I've just had the same issue, however Winnebago has decided to no longer cover it. I'm disappointed with their unwillingness to acknowledge that this is a fairly widespread issue and offer some assistance. A search anywhere shows that it happens frequently and even to a lay person like myself points to engineering problems that were not completely solved with this layout.

Certainly I understand that a company can not warranty an item forever. That would be completely unreasonable! My discussion with the lead service rep however had him denying to me that it was a common problem. With the fleet of these with basement AC(s) aging, it can't help but become an even more common occurrence for the duct work to separate.

We are looking to move up to a little larger newer motor home in the relatively near future, and believe me there is no longer ANY warm fuzzy feeling for Winnebago. There are quite a few fine manufacturers of motor homes out there. I look forward to checking them out...before buying again you all might want to do the same...
From everything I've been reading, and with the limited number of RV manufacturers still in business Winnebago customer service has really taken a nose dive. As was stated someplace else, the companies can't afford to be as plentiful with their warranty service as before but guess they can't see how they are "cutting their nose off to spite their face". As one Winnebago dealer told me, if I hadn't bought from them they didn't even want to do "paid for work on it let alone any warranty coverage". If I bought from them they'd give me good service, and not that their good service should entice me to buy from them next time. Isn't that kind of like putting the cart before the horse? My next coach will require much thought and consideration as to the brand.

Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote