Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Adventurer slide outs stuck

I have one out of the three slide outs that's giving me a hard time. It's intermittent on extending and the same for retracting. I can hear the motor running when I engage the switch but it may or may not operate the slide. Anyone have experience with this along with a fix? 07 Adventurer 38
Parafighter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Sorry, my years uses a different mechanism, but I think others will offer advice. For my Power Gear electric slides, I make sure the engine is running and the batteries are full when I extend the slides.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:45 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I just had an issue with my bedroom slide that is the smaller of three slides. It is an electric slide, but the issue was with a weak limit switch that was replaced.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

That’s the one I’m having trouble with. Could you hear the motor working when the slide wasn’t moving?
Parafighter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

No, just a click and then nothing... If I tried again, it would work for a while.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:01 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Did you fix it yet?
If not, I have someone who was an HWH engineer who knows those systems well.
Richard
skyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:53 PM   #7
Former Winnebago Class A

I have had two unrelated instances with similar slide problems. I have the HWH hydraulic slides. The first time it was a bad hydraulic solenoid valve. The second time it was low voltage. I eventually found that the HOT post on my starter solenoid had actually broken and was tilted at an angle. Sometimes it would make sufficient contact and enough power would flow, other times not so much. Fixing this actually fixed a number of other items that were operating poorly due to low voltage. There are a number of items that have fuses in the block downstream of that starter solenoid and with the new GOOD connection a lot of mysteries were solved.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:35 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2008 voyage 38j and had the same problem. Had to replace solenoids. There are 2 for each slide. Works great now. Replaced both to make sure i got the correct on replaced. No outward indication of which was defective.
rolliefbaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:27 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Slide problem

It would make sense if you would say what coach - model and year
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:38 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parafighter4 View Post
I have one out of the three slide outs that's giving me a hard time. It's intermittent on extending and the same for retracting. I can hear the motor running when I engage the switch but it may or may not operate the slide. Anyone have experience with this along with a fix? 07 Adventurer 38
Good electric source is important. However, I had a problem where the slide-out would not retract. Eventually I learned that the reservoir for the fluid was almost empty. It probably had never been checked in 13 years. Eventually a little leaks out and then bingo, dry. Consult your user's manual to find out how the system works. If it is hydraulic and has a reservoir, there's a good chance this is the problem. Be sure to use the fluid that the manual calls for in the reservoir. Good Luck!!
tkamsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:22 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

OP hasn't replied for 2 days, so maybe he got it fixed.

To Iwasouth: We tend to scan quickly and I see many posters miss things, but the OP did put at the end, rather than the normal beginning, that it is an "07 Adventurer 38".
Old 11-10-2017, 01:37 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Imortant HWH hydraulics repair info. Hydraulic slides and jacks.

I can't stress this enough.
If you have difficult HWH jacks or slide problems you need to call or see Paul Maddox.

Paul Maddox
HWH retired engineer.
Paulden, AZ
mobile - 602-549-3638
home - 928-277- 5567
Be aware it's Arizona mountain time, 2 hours before eastern time. Don't call too early.

He is probably the only one that knows these older systems top to bottom.
Repaired my stuck main slide, fast and cheap, were no one else could.

Richard

Tags
adventurer, slide, slide out, vent