Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2007, 09:48 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

The basement air on our coach has always been marginal, and we have installed a third A/C on the roof to make up what the basement air can't do.

My question is to Charles99. I want to pull my basement unit and clean it and check it over. The duct seems to be attached to the A/C unit with 8 screws (4 on each side). There is a plate above the unit that looks like it has to be removed, and it looks like the unit will then slide out. Is this right. What did you use to slide the unit onto? It also looks like the sealtight is long enough so that you don't need to disconnect it electrically, right? Charles99, since you have done it a couple of times, how about a step by step, thanks.

2003 Ultimate Advantage
Ptribbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:53 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Oh yes, one other thing. When the unit is running is humid conditions it doesn't seem to drain much water. I have pulled the drain rubber and air is being sucked in enought to prevent much water from draining. When the unit shuts down it will drain a gallon or two of water. Does everyone's do the same?

2003 Ultimate Advantage
Ptribbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:06 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Yep pretty much the way mine works. Worried me for awhile, but decided it was working ok.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ptribbey:
Oh yes, one other thing. When the unit is running is humid conditions it doesn't seem to drain much water. I have pulled the drain rubber and air is being sucked in enought to prevent much water from draining. When the unit shuts down it will drain a gallon or two of water. Does everyone's do the same? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mine drains the water as it is running, I think that is how it is supposed to work.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:08 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ptribbey:
Oh yes, one other thing. When the unit is running is humid conditions it doesn't seem to drain much water. I have pulled the drain rubber and air is being sucked in enought to prevent much water from draining. When the unit shuts down it will drain a gallon or two of water. Does everyone's do the same? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine drains constantly when the coils and filter are clean. Sounds like you have a restriction if there is enough vacuume there to prevent the water from draining while the unit is running. Clean the coils and change the filter and see if that helps. My coils were very dingy with nicotine and dust when I bought mine. Cools much bettter when the coils are clean too.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:47 AM   #26

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bobpie:
Mine drains the water as it is running, I think that is how it is supposed to work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here...drips constantly...
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:34 AM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Keeping the shades closed in the cockpit will keep a lot of hot sun light out. We keep ours closed all the time.

We also have a 12" fan set on dinner table that helps move the air around. Have it pointed toward the entry door at an ang;e so it pushes the air aroun MH.

As for water dripping wirh A/C running. Have not sean an A/C yet that does not drip water.It is pulling the moister out of the air.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:30 PM   #28
ymi
Winnebago Camper

Charles99 - - could you please give some specifics about pulling the unit ALSO what bearing numbers from Graingers?? I must do mine and would like a preview please.