Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Lets start off by saying we seem to have our share of pretty big problems on what seems to be every trip -bad generator in 126 degree heat, awning problem, HWH jack problem to name a few.

We'll our last trip almost didn't happen. We were set to leave for a long 4th of July trip when the dw went to pull the slides in--guess what--they didn't budge! Now obviously we can't go anywhere w/ the slides out so an emergency call was placed to HWH (who luckily is on central time), but we were told someone would call us back. So what do you do? We just sat there on our lawn-trying to explain to the boys that we weren't going camping.

While we were trying to get the slides in manuly the cell rings-but it's the wrong cell so we miss the call. Guess who it was--HWH!!!!! We quickly called back and this time got connected to a tech who I explained the problem to. I could not believe what he told me next--he said he could get us going, but we would have no jacks. No problem since we didn;t have them on our last 2 trips (we used bottle jacks instead). After disconecting and connecting what I was told to by the tech, the dw tried the slides and THEY WENT IN!!!!!! It turns out a valve went bad and HWH is sending me on to replace it with.

Without HWH's help we would have been very unhappy campers stuck at home.

us + 3 active boys + 2 crazy labs + 1 plucky bird
Bob RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Lets start off by saying we seem to have our share of pretty big problems on what seems to be every trip -bad generator in 126 degree heat, awning problem, HWH jack problem to name a few.

We'll our last trip almost didn't happen. We were set to leave for a long 4th of July trip when the dw went to pull the slides in--guess what--they didn't budge! Now obviously we can't go anywhere w/ the slides out so an emergency call was placed to HWH (who luckily is on central time), but we were told someone would call us back. So what do you do? We just sat there on our lawn-trying to explain to the boys that we weren't going camping.

While we were trying to get the slides in manuly the cell rings-but it's the wrong cell so we miss the call. Guess who it was--HWH!!!!! We quickly called back and this time got connected to a tech who I explained the problem to. I could not believe what he told me next--he said he could get us going, but we would have no jacks. No problem since we didn;t have them on our last 2 trips (we used bottle jacks instead). After disconecting and connecting what I was told to by the tech, the dw tried the slides and THEY WENT IN!!!!!! It turns out a valve went bad and HWH is sending me on to replace it with.

Without HWH's help we would have been very unhappy campers stuck at home.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Not all suppliers have a bad reputation..HWH is a great company..Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

HWH is the best when it comes to phone support.

I've had jack problems with two coaches and they have solved both problems on the phone and have shipped parts directly to me very quickly.

I hope Winnebago stays with HWH for their slides and jacks and does not go to another manufacturer.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:17 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Ditto...have had leaking hose and problems with slide solenoids. HWH has been prompt and helpful with the phone support and prompt shipping of parts.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:28 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
I applaud HWH too. I had a cylinder seal go bad in the passenger side rear jack. No question on repacement given the HWH three year warranty. It turned out they ddin't have the part number in stock and had to build it from scratch. Took 10 days before the jack arrived but once the dealer had it too it took only about 6 hours between drop off and the coach being ready.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:43 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

glad to here others have had good experiences w/ HWH also!