Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2018, 08:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

A&E 2 step awning problem

This may be a bit tricky explaining what part I'm looking for. On my 2 step manual awning there is a Plastic piece that joins two pieces of rail. This piece is broken on both sides of the awning, front and rear. In its current condition it allows the rail to bend in an manor similar to a hyper extended elbow. The awning will roll out properly but because the arms are bent in a way opposite of the intended design it will not roll up on its own. It requires 2 people one on each end to pull the awning arms down to allow it to retract properly. Now I know what the problem is I cannot find the parts anywhere. When the awning is in it's retracted position this piece is located on the bottom of the rails facing away from the MH. My RV shop has attempted to locate the part but so far with no luck. All the drawings of the awning I have been able to pull up do not even show this piece. I don't even know what the piece is called. Does anyone have an Idea what the part is called or where it may ordered from? The awning is on a 2007 Voyage.
BillB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Bill, I have become very familiar with my A&E awning... 'but walking outside I don't see anything that matches your description. Perhaps you could take a picture of the offending pieces or tell the specific model number of the awning. There are a lot of helpful people here.

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Wetstuff the Model is 884DW20.001 A&E 2 step. I'll try to get a photo tomorrow. Thanks
Old 08-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I could put the photo into gallery titled A&E part but for some reason I am unable to post the photo here. I guess because I'm computer illiterate.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Bill... You mean the little gray locking tabs? Here's that P/N on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-83047.../dp/B00T36KU9I I had to replace a missing one. They're also cheap on eBay.

Jim
Old 08-23-2018, 06:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

No this is a much larger piece and it's made of plastic and slides into the bottom of the front arm (when locked against Motorhome) when awning is extended this piece of plastic is on a joint in the arm that keeps it from bending or hiper extending the wrong direction.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:32 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Sorry, Bill. I hope someone else can be of more help. I am one of those people who have difficulty seeing words. (not being a smartass..)

Jim
Old 08-24-2018, 05:13 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Our Local RV shop told me today that they have been able to locate them for me. So thanks for trying to help out anyway Wetstuff.

Tags
awning