Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Unhappy 39K Galley Slide Support Issue

I haven't seen this problem posted before, but now that I have, someone will probably have the problem(as said by Mike and Pat, I believe. On the 39K galley slide, under the large pull out drawer at the end of the sink(next to the J-sofa) is a 6-7" roller that I believe helps support the slide on the floor when it is retracted. I noticed mine was gouging the floor when retracted so I decided to investigate. I pulled the drawer out completely and there was a piece of luan paneling on the framing bottom that was poking up on one side.

I cut out that piece of luan and found the roller at a tilt to one side. It is screwed into the aluminum floor support framing from the BOTTOM of the framing with an ear on each end. It is totally impossible to remove w/o removing the slide in my opinion. I had one of the ears break off which kiltered the roller at an odd angle and when the slide was in, the end of the roller assembly was hitting my floor.

I ended up drilling and installing some self tapping #12x1" ss screws in the bracket assembly to the aluminum framing sides which I think will solve the problem. I have a pic on my phone but I don't know how to download it to this site or even if it is possible. If anyone needs a pic, you can pm me with your email address and I can sent it to you that way.

So anyway, you 39K owners, if you notice a gouge in your vinyl floor tile just ahead of the drawer when the slide is out, that is probably the problem. I apologize for not being able to describe it in more detail, it is complicated.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Barry, Thanks for the information. Hasn't happened on mine (yet)
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 39 and am having galley slide issues also. Mine will only move about 4" and then hangs at the sofa end. Have not had a chance to dig in to it. Was yours hanging?
kwittintime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Kwittintime, I have not had a problem with the slide "hanging", YET! If you look in the basement on the curb side, the second compartment, up behind the door hinge is a large bolt that supports a roller to the middle of the slide. It might be hanging up on the bottom edge where the rubber weather stripping is mounted. You can adjust it up and lift the center of the slide a tad. If you have an 04, by any chance, the rubber stripping is just glued on and will come off repeatedly with the friction of the slide. I found a way to keep it in place, so if you are interested, I can explain.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Door Guy, thanks for the info I will check it out first chance I get
Kwitten Time
kwittintime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:37 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the info. I did have a short period of time where the galley slide would not extend evenly. It eventually resolved its self.
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:40 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneyj View Post
Thanks for the info. I did have a short period of time where the galley slide would not extend evenly. It eventually resolved its self.
On my 39K a flashlight fell of the little shelf aft of the stove into the area behind the stove. When we tried to bring that slide in the front came in but the rear of the slide only came in a little. There is an equalizer/synchoniser valve (or some similar device) that had to be replaced to get it back functioning correctly. Needless to say nothing gets stored on that little counter now.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:00 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We just have a toaster oven and toaster on that counter. I already fear something dropping back there. Thanks for the insight
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide