Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2007, 07:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

We just purchased a preowned 2002 35U
I want to replace the wall mirror in the bedroom with one of my own pictures.. I'm a photographer
When I looked at the mirror, I didnt see any clips or how it was hung on the wall.
Can anyone tell me if its possible to easily take the mirror off the wall?

I did notice the oval mirror by the dinette is easily taken off.

Thanks for your tips
Ruth
Old 08-29-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We just purchased a preowned 2002 35U
I want to replace the wall mirror in the bedroom with one of my own pictures.. I'm a photographer
When I looked at the mirror, I didnt see any clips or how it was hung on the wall.
Can anyone tell me if its possible to easily take the mirror off the wall?

I did notice the oval mirror by the dinette is easily taken off.

Thanks for your tips
Ruth
Old 08-29-2007, 07:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Don't know there is an easy way since the mirror is glued but this is how we removed a mirror from over our bedroom sink.

Taped a plastic bag all over the area in case the mirror broke. Wanted to contain as much glass as possible.

Took wire and slowly, very slowly, made a sawing motion down from the top going side to side. I think doing this when the hot sun is shining on the wall you're working on is a good idea also.

Our mirror was held onto the wall with big globs of what looked like silicon sealer. We did break the mirror because of the angle we had to work at but all came off fine and it didn't tear or mark the paper on the wall.

Good luck.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

thanks for answering, so there is wall paper behind the mirror, thats good to know. I thought the mfg might have wall papered around the mirror.
Glad to know someone else has tried it.

So... how do you hang pictures on an RV wall?
Are there special hooks? I know you dont want to use the same type hooks you would in a house since it would probably fall off the wall when driving lol.
This is our first Class A so thats why I'm having these questions, our Class C didnt have wall room
Old 08-29-2007, 07:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I would think you could use mirror clips to hang pictures also. There are several styles available. Or if you don't care about the wallpaper a good glue directly to the wall should work. Gorrilla glue? Or heavy duty Velcro? Good Luck
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:39 AM   #6
KCE
Winnebago Owner

Try 3M Command strips found at Walmart or any hardware store read the directions. They hold very good and can be removed without damaging the wall.
KCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:50 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks ichn2go.
I want to be able to take the picture off the wall should I decide to change scenes lol.
Since I'm a photographer, I take lots of pictures every trip we go on for my business
looks like we have the same stats as you
02 Adventurer 35U Workhorse
1 handsome husband
2 beautiful dogs (cockers)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ichn2go
02 Adventurer 35U Workhorse
1 Beautiful Wife
2 Beautiful Dogs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-29-2007, 08:52 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Ken, didn't think of that.
I'll just have to be sure to use a frame I don't intend to place in art galleries and sell.
I know we used the 3m strips in our Jayco bathroom and took some things off the wall then, and it worked just fine