Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2016, 11:21 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

26HE weight on all 4 corners?

Hi, I quickly consulted the treads specific to this model and cannot retrieve the information:

What is the individual weight on each wheel for the 26HE?
I am specifically interested by the front end. Empty or loaded.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2016, 11:37 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I think you'll have to weigh your RV yourself. I don't think the RV maker lists corner weights, just maximum for each axle.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I am pretty sure someone already weighed his 26HE and posted the results on this forum...
Old 10-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Regardless of what another unit weighs yours will be different. You want your loaded four corner weight as this is what determines weight balance and proper tire pressures. Dry weight is less than half the story.

We all put literally hundreds of pounds of gear in the unit [it adds up fast] as does fuel ,fresh water, propane and driver, passenger.
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:57 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

So true!

Actually, the weight distribution varies every day along the way.

So I will simply use the dry weight as a reference and assume the distribution is about 50/50 on the front wheels.

The reason I was inquiring: In a quest for better confort/softer ride, I want to add dead weight as foremost as I can to nearly reach the limit for the axel.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:46 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Not real impressed with, "In a quest for better comfort/softer ride, I want to add dead weight as foremost as I can to nearly reach the limit for the axle." There are much better and safer ways to improve handling. Adding weight might compress springs and cause some so-called improvements in the ride, (I doubt it) it will extend stopping distance, affect handling, etc.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 06:48 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
.[/B]" There are much better and safer ways to improve handling. Adding weight might compress springs and cause some so-called improvements in the ride, (I doubt it) it will extend stopping distance, affect handling, etc.
I am not talking about adding 1000lbs here... May be 200 or 300 lbs.
That may be less than a driver and his DW and another couple in the front seats.

I have already improved handling a lot and am confident about the breaking capabilities.

I will report once that's done.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:48 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Maybe I'm nuts, but I have never weighed my motorhomes and I've been driving them since the 1970's. I keep my front tires at about 100 lbs and the rears at about 90. I visually inspect and figure how much weight I am carrying in my side bins. I have never had a problem or a reason to go to a scale and weigh the four corners.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:22 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
So true!
I will simply use the dry weight as a reference and assume the distribution is about 50/50 on the front wheels.
When I weighed my RV, it showed that while I was significantly under my GVWR, I was a bit more than 1000 lbs heavier on the driver side than the passenger side (that's where both slides are). That was with full tank of fuel, LPG, & water, empty Black & Grey tnaks, and no food or clothes, but most of our camping gear (chairs, BBQ, etc.). Simply "assuming" anything is not the way to go, which is why everyone is telling you to actually weigh your coach. Based on my actual scaled weights, I was able to lower my front tire pressure (even using the heavier driver side as my reference), which helped immensely with handling and ride. The tag on my driver's door calls out for 90psi front & 80psi rear (Load F tires). But based on my actual weights and my current Load G tires, I was able to comfortably lower my fronts to 80psi, and both front & rear are actually still a bit above where I COULD go.

Also keep in mind that while my new (to me) RV was significantly under the GVWR, many (most?) are not. Why add a few hundred pounds to an unknown weight if you can simply adjust tire pressure to accomplish what you want once you actually KNOW what your axle weights are? It seems strange to me to actually want to ADD dead weight to a vehicle that already weighs +/-10 tons, particularly when getting an accurate weight is really not that difficult or expensive to do.

Tags
weight