Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2020, 03:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2020 Winnabago View “Recall”

Received service campaign letter from Winnabago for sealant issue specifically regarding front roof cap. Had dealer address this issue never noticing any leakage issue prior.

NOW I notice yesterday damp/wet area at bottom of curtain and wall side corner of mattress on passenger side on overhead bunk. Dealer supposedly water tested after servicing?

HAS ANYONE HAD SIMILAR ISSUES WITH 2020 VIEW?

AGGRAVATING !!!!
Bobbettyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 04:20 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbettyl View Post
Received service campaign letter from Winnabago for sealant issue specifically regarding front roof cap. Had dealer address this issue never noticing any leakage issue prior.

NOW I notice yesterday damp/wet area at bottom of curtain and wall side corner of mattress on passenger side on overhead bunk. Dealer supposedly water tested after servicing?

AGGRAVATING !!!!
Not what you want to hear I know but the cabover is frequently a big leak issue. Stay focused and work with WGO and it will get resolved. Don't know about your dealer but some are good and some just want you cash and say bye. Keep working with WGO.

Back in 2006 we had one of the early Views 23H. There was a horrendous issue with the cabover, recalls, fixes, leaks. Finally I took the trip to homebase and let the builders repair it. They pulled the front cap off completely, re-installed the big vent in the center, did a flock of work in about 4 days and it never leaked again in 5 years. The first leaks however were those marker lights on top. I messed with the dealer a while and they kept smearing silicone around the outside of them - still leaked. Finally crawled up there, removed each light, made a new gasket, put RTV sealant on both sides, reinstalled and never leaked again.

The story is not to bore you but realize you have a "new model" with a different cabover design. They possibly have things to work out to get it fixed permanently but patience and cooperative attitude will help you suffer through this and get it right.
Kayak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:

AGGRAVATING !!!!
We have a 2020 view… Purchased in July 2020 but I believe manufactured late 2019. On our trip this weekend we had water pouring out of the counsel above through the SOS button area. Once we got home, I checked above the passenger side and under the mattress was all wet. It kind of sounds similar to your issue. Do you have the recall notice that you received? I would love to get a look at that to see if this is the same thing. Thank you in advance.
Skidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Can’t locate this notice. I thought this was relative to all Views and Navions built as of my manufacturer date. Dealer claimed they removed most panels above upper bunk area to address issue.

But I did not have any leak that time. But later noticed leak above coach entry door. Dealer found where water was coming in after removing awning. Later still had isame issue above door and had Lichtsinn in Forest city Iowa locate area where awning wires entered thru roof.
They claimed previous repair used improper sealant.

Have not really tested all these water issues in heavy rain yet. Keep my fingers crossed.
Bobbettyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:59 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for attempting to locate the notice. I called Winnebago and they said our vehicle was not part of that sealant issue.

They did approve for our dealer to take out all the interior ceiling panels to find the water leak… And do the leak test where they pressurize the interior air and then put soapy spray on the outside to make sure the leak is fixed. And then they’re also doing the oxide stuff to prevent mold. We’ll see how this all shakes out. Thanks again.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:40 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:

AGGRAVATING !!!!
Just took mine into La Mesa RV today. Water leaking all over front console onto me while driving.
Mdacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:57 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Is there a website to look up these winnebago recall notices?
misteracng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:57 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

We own 20V - had leaking onto our laps as well ... came through console. And leaked out on driver side. Dealer had in for repairs for a month - found water again, so now our rig is up at factory getting fixed.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:50 PM   #9
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteracng View Post
Is there a website to look up these winnebago recall notices?
I’ve checked the national recall website, but that’s the National Transportation Authority, and they only deal with safety recalls.

However, If you CALL Winnebago, and give them your VIN#, they can’t tell you if there are any recalls specific to your unit, and If they have been cleared by the dealer, some other dealer, or not.

Our dealer sold us a unit that had a recall for the AC, that they had not fixed, despite my insistence that I wouldn’t take possession unless the recall (which I was aware of thanks to these forums), was completed. The RV dealer, Giant RV in southern CA, assure us it was fine. They lied.

Tags
recall