Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-30-2022, 12:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2019 sunstar full slide snagging while extending

I have a 2019 sunstar with full slide that when extending and retracting the slide the aft section catches and intermittently snags and pops. I noticed lately it may not seal 100% at times by not completely compressing the rubber seal. It will still completely seal but I don’t want to continue to put strain on the mechanisms. Anyone experiencing the same? Thanks.
scole4493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 11:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I had a similar problem with my full slide on our Sunrise 32H. If you are referring to the drivers side full length slide... it has three slide arms. The front and back are powered. The middle one is not and is simply a stabilizing slide. It is mounted to the frame with a single bolt that is welded onto the frame. Over time the synch with the front and rear motors goes off a bit and the front and the rear of the slide don't open/close exactly in synch. (you might notice the front or the rear closes before the other). This put enormous strain on the middle slide and in particular the mounting bolt that is welded to the frame and the weld can brake. You may not notice it at first but after awhile the slide becomes out of synch more and more. Mine broke and the tech rewelded the bolt and beefed it up because it is definitely a weak spot on the slide mechanism. Some techs may want to remove the entire slide to get at the bolt but my tech managed to get at it without removal but it is a "b" to get at. It is apparently fairly common and you can google up some pictures of the bolt and repair shots.
shoreline4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 06:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreline4 View Post
I had a similar problem with my full slide on our Sunrise 32H. If you are referring to the drivers side full length slide... it has three slide arms. The front and back are powered. The middle one is not and is simply a stabilizing slide. It is mounted to the frame with a single bolt that is welded onto the frame. Over time the synch with the front and rear motors goes off a bit and the front and the rear of the slide don't open/close exactly in synch. (you might notice the front or the rear closes before the other). This put enormous strain on the middle slide and in particular the mounting bolt that is welded to the frame and the weld can brake. You may not notice it at first but after awhile the slide becomes out of synch more and more. Mine broke and the tech rewelded the bolt and beefed it up because it is definitely a weak spot on the slide mechanism. Some techs may want to remove the entire slide to get at the bolt but my tech managed to get at it without removal but it is a "b" to get at. It is apparently fairly common and you can google up some pictures of the bolt and repair shots.
I did notice an access panel on the underside of my slide out. It is in the middle. I’ll check it out. This helps so much. Thanks and safe travels. I’ll update my findings.

Tags
slide