Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2016, 07:08 AM   #1
Angry Fuse 23A owner

2017 Navion 24J Leveling Jacks

We're looking at purchasing a 2017 Navion 24J. One of the options is leveling jacks. Is this a high value option or just a nice to have? Also are there any other options folks highly recommend, we've selected most of the ones offered.
SFC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I have them, I like them for the ease of setting up at camp and leaving. I also have used them many times in parking lots when I'm going to be parked for awhile. They help stabilize the rocking while they are down. They do cut into your useful load capacity just as anything else you install or take with you.
Note your fridge needs to be level to work.

Others find no problem in using leveling blocks, it is a less expensive way to go, certainly more work involved.

If you search there has been lots of talk on this feature.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:28 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We just received our 2017 View 24J Profile and will be taking it on its first trip this Friday.

Our options are:
Infotainment/GPS - Bluetooth streaming. Hard to say whether or not this system is worth the cost. Some like it, some don't. I'll find out for myself.
Heated Drainage System - We enjoy getting out late in the year.
Full Body Paint - Preference.
Cab Window Blinds - A must for us.
Solar Panel - Worth the 800 unless you have something else in mind. Gives you a 500plus watt rated system (only 100w installed) with a ground-level port for a portable panel that is managed by the onboard controller.
A/C Heat Pump - Good to have for added flexibility.
Skylight - We wanted all the windows and venting we could get.
Deluxe Sleep System - Hmmm. Makes a little difference but going to a foam mattress would probably be all that's needed.
Powered Bathroom Roof Vent - Not sure what this gave us over the standard vent.
Cab Seat Cushions-These take up a good bit of storage space but are nice to have.
Bedroom TV - Preference.

We didn't see a single unit with levelers installed during our recent dealer search, including about 15 Views and Navions. In the end we got ours from the factory but didn't opt for the levelers, diesel generator or the acrylic windows. Each of these options have their advantages and disadvantages.

Carrying capacity for our View is 1404, subtracting from that the weight of water, passengers, cargo and anything else added to the coach, including hitch tongue weight, if any.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:53 AM   #4
Angry Fuse 23A owner

Smile Navion 24J Leveling jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonlands View Post
We just received our 2017 View 24J Profile and will be taking it on its first trip this Friday.

Our options are:
Infotainment/GPS - Bluetooth streaming. Hard to say whether or not this system is worth the cost. Some like it, some don't. I'll find out for myself.
Heated Drainage System - We enjoy getting out late in the year.
Full Body Paint - Preference.
Cab Window Blinds - A must for us.
Solar Panel - Worth the 800 unless you have something else in mind. Gives you a 500plus watt rated system (only 100w installed) with a ground-level port for a portable panel that is managed by the onboard controller.
A/C Heat Pump - Good to have for added flexibility.
Skylight - We wanted all the windows and venting we could get.
Deluxe Sleep System - Hmmm. Makes a little difference but going to a foam mattress would probably be all that's needed.
Powered Bathroom Roof Vent - Not sure what this gave us over the standard vent.
Cab Seat Cushions-These take up a good bit of storage space but are nice to have.
Bedroom TV - Preference.

We didn't see a single unit with levelers installed during our recent dealer search, including about 15 Views and Navions. In the end we got ours from the factory but didn't opt for the levelers, diesel generator or the acrylic windows. Each of these options have their advantages and disadvantages.

Carrying capacity for our View is 1404, subtracting from that the weight of water, passengers, cargo and anything else added to the coach, including hitch tongue weight, if any.
Thanks for the responses. We are looking at all the same options minus the bedroom TV, but adding the acrylic windows. Let us know how your's works out. We are going to make a final decision after visiting the PA RV show next month. If we're happy with what we see, we'll order the Navion.
SFC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:02 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

you can check the "sprinter forum" also. lots of opinions on all of the options if you search. Most everything has it's plus and minus aspects.

It also depends on how you plan to use your RV.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:09 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

[QUOTE=Canyonlands;3202298]

QUOTE]

Levelers are installed by HWH after you purchase you RV. There are also a few other manufacturers of levelers out there but seems HWH is the most popular, you can probably get a local shop to install their system if you don't want to take a trip to Moscow, IA. (just off interstate 80). They can be added at anytime, so if your not sure you can always use a season to see if using blocks is something you want to continue with or not.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:43 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

If you ask on the View Navion forum on Yahoo, you will get a mixed bag of answers. Probably the majority will say you do not need them. Part of the issue is the 150 to 200 lbs of additional weight that takes away from what you can carry in a already limited vehicle.

Don't know what the cost of the option is. but you can purchase the HWH levelers thru Lichtsinn RV in Forrest City IA and they will book you into the HWH factory in Moscow IA for the install, for probably the best price you can get on them.

Charles
Old 08-12-2016, 08:18 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I drove a class C RV for many years. When looking for a new coach in 2006 jacks were on my want list.

I have been in the mud, and worse, snow putting leveling blocks under my tires. It is so much easier to level using jacks.

That said it all depends upon your camping expectations.

Weight considerations are valid. I would suggest that you check carrying capacity and determine if you can spare the weight of a jack system.

SFC JD (Army)
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks