Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2020, 10:32 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Thanks the more feed back on this the better. With dealing with a small dealership here, I think they plan to gob it down with Di Cor and send us on our way, and this will be a battle for them because owning 8 months this will not be ok with us. I like to have it replaced now since we see they are aware of this issue They could have sent out a recall notice or something. We have owned new campers 15 of them since 1988 and never had this happen or with a few used ones either.
PattyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:28 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Reserched this and Maryland does have a RV Lemon law Maryland Lemon Law Statutes...

Maryland Lemon Laws and the federal Lemon Law (the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act) provide for compensation to Maryland consumers of defective automobiles and trucks and other vehicles and products including motorcycles, RV's, boats, computers and other consumer appliances and products. To qualify under the Maryland Lemon Law or the Federal Lemon Law, you must generally have a product that suffered multiple repair attempts under the manufacturer's factory warranty. Lemon Law compensation can include a refund, replacement or cash compensation.
Maryland State Statutes
Maryland Commercial Law Code Annotated, § 14-1501 to § 14-1504
Old 03-26-2020, 08:52 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Just took it back AGAIN!!!!! today, leaking same spot front end cap closet and box by the bed on right. Very upset that this was not fixed the first time. I really hope they redo entire roof sealant as book suggests, we did not own it at the end of the first 12 months, it was on the dealers lot.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:00 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyZ View Post
Just took it back AGAIN!!!!! today, leaking same spot front end cap closet and box by the bed on right. Very upset that this was not fixed the first time. I really hope they redo entire roof sealant as book suggests, we did not own it at the end of the first 12 months, it was on the dealers lot.
Does the 1 year warranty not start when you take delivery?
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:50 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

What I mean is: you are to inspect every 90 days the sealant on roof, once a yr replace all of it. Then sent me a email that it was off assembly line June 6, 2018 it is more than a year old. We owned it 8 months so far. So what they are saying it is not under warranty for sealant even tho warranty is good till June 1st for us. I replied to them then dealers should be responsible for doing roof maintenance on left over units? Not the new owner. They said back email: see if dealership will honor the leak.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:09 AM   #26
Site Team

I had a Winnebago Sunstar that need some sealant replaced under warranty. Winnebago approved the repair with no issues.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:25 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

All I know is they said no warranty on sealant if no proof of maintenance. Since we did on it the first year of issue the maintenance was not for us to do. The RV dealer is fixing it for us. But I wanted to make sure Winnebago knew of the major front cap leak they have and others on here as well have same issue. Not one company anywhere req. all DiCor removed every year and replaced. Its just a warranty cop out.
Old 12-12-2020, 12:25 AM   #28
Winnebago Watcher

my winnebago minnie plus 26 ft camper has the same front camp leak with major wall damage on the right side of the bedroom. the dealer quoted me 13k in repairs. the unit was on sale for 28k now it makes sense why they put a winnebago on sale. they knew about all these issues...
Lvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 03:45 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Dealership states will reduce half on labor.
My trailer was past the year warrentee
Winnebago customer service was useless.
Wouldn't work with us at all.
Repairs ourselves
Love the floorplan...a Winni.... never again....
Dicored heavily to all seals...
Replacing seals every year. A ...yea...ok...
Good luck everyone
Be safe...enjoy the adventure
Hopefully leak free
BRTF450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:43 AM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Winnie Micro 2106DS leaks too

I agree with both posts, I actually called Winnebago for a replacement piece of wallpaper that was damaged from leak. 12" was over $24. The CS rep said, if you have a 2019 and have not scraped and replaced sealant off the roof, you have no warranty. I responded with: The dealer had this as a left over unit, the logo shows it had to be a late 2018, was manufactured in June 2018. We bought May 2019, this should have been done by dealership I feel. Most of the leaks were found by stalking when it rains. Very sneaky leaks. Warranty is not showing reliable on W. My dealer covered it all, no questions asked. I am happy with that.
Old 12-20-2020, 07:42 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Your dealer is much more kind than mine.
50% off labor if I choose to do the repairs
I remain shaking my head at Winnebago on the
knowing of this issue and not standing up to make it right
Sad Sad Sad.
Ye'all be safe
Enjoy the journey
BRTF450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:37 AM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Winnie Micro 2106DS leaks too

Yes, a labor discount does not sound like a deal. It was a hard effort made to find my leaks, Dealer had it, re sealed the front seams on end cap, took window out on right side of bed, resealed the roof seam on same side. Still had water on the floor, right top closet and floor of closet still had inches of water in it, actually had ice, because it was last winter. Then some good fellows on here, started sharing some of their stories and one struck home. Check wiring coming in from right awning arm. It was not sealed with caulk. So next heavy down pour, I went in and sat.....in a matter of minutes in came water down inside the wall by door. Floor leak solved. People dont realize water runs, you can have a loose seam on the right side, but water comes in on rear left side. But yes the dealer did their best to find each issue, and ordered all new trim by door and came and installed it. No brand RVs now days come with out issues.

Tags
leak, leaks, roof