Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2022, 08:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2015 Brave Gel Coat or Paint

Hey all,

Question on what others would do. I messed up and have some front end damage on my 2015 Brave 27B. Unfortunately Winnebago can no longer make the front cap so I’m in for fiberglass repair. The shop is gonna remove the entire front cap and restore it and paint.

I’m pretty certain that the white part of the body is just gel coat and not paint with clear coat. The shop I took it to insists that it’s paint with clear coat and that’s how they want to repair it by painting the entire cap white on top.

Curious if anyone can confirm that the original coat is in fact just white gel coat.

Also curious to hear what others would do here. Would you let them paint and clear coat it, or would you push to have the spot on top (about 4-6 inches) matched with gel coat the best they can.

Thanks in advance!
LeoG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brave, paint