Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Angry 2014 Forza 38R dash air/heater blower motor

Three times in July after the coach sat a few days the fan for the dash air/heat would not come on unless the coach was driven (BOUNCED) for several miles. We got this 2014 Forza 38R in March of 2014. I took it to a Winnebago dealer who didn't really care because we bought the coach in Arizona. I know the mode switch (selecting the air flow) feeds 12v to the fan speed switch. However I can't get any specific wiring diagrams to track down any connections or actual blower motor location. The dealer said he couldn't do anything since it worked while at his shop. DUH! I had to drive 45 miles to get there and of course it worked; it got plenty of bouncing and jarring on the road.
Has anyone else had any similar problem with the blower motor or related switches in a Forza 38R? If I knew where to test/check I might be able to track down the problem next time before moving the coach.
Hagenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hagenl, a few things to check. The blower motor is setting behind the cup holder low in the center of the dash. If you can remove the cup holder you should be able to reach some of the wires at the motor. Also check the connectors at the back of the control unit. You might be able to see the resistor pack that is setting to the right of the blower motor.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

No issues with dash air on ours yet. Only had it for two weeks now. Sounds like a possible loose connection. Would be interested to learn what other issues you have had since March.
ctaurie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Here's a few issues since March:
Hood latches held on with acrylic compound, came loose so factory applied more "glue"
Storage bays in front and behind wheels leaked a lot when driving in rain
We're on third windshield washer pump
Floor tiles damaged by couch glide-second set starting to show same damage
Water pump cycles for about 2 seconds every 3 minutes with all faucets/valves shut off
Long slide came out 2-3" during travel
Battery contact wires loose at starter connection and frame ground loose; stranded in Iowa
Both thermostats defective and replaced
Center bath ceiling has to be struck on side to get it to come on
Steps rattle loudly during travel
Long slide won't sweep away water when closed after rain
Horrible smell under front dinette seat (almost like vomit)
Clothes bar in wardrobes fell out-screwed into glue not any backing above in roof
Wardrobe drawer kept coming open during travel, they replaced with heavier latch which tore out of cheap particle board

This could be a really great coach but we have no confidence in anything working right and are always worried about the next problem popping up. Really spoils the fun we hoped for when traveling and enjoying retirement. Actually end out to dealer this morning to replace dash blower motor but I think it's a ground wire issue since it works/won't work at very random intervals but what do I know! The quality control at Forest City is a joke.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagenl View Post
Here's a few issues since March:
Hood latches held on with acrylic compound, came loose so factory applied more "glue"

- Just had my first hood latch fall off today - :bang head: Still can't believe how much stuff is just glued on behind the front cap.

Storage bays in front and behind wheels leaked a lot when driving in rain

- Had this issue during delivery. Dealer sealed wheel well seams with spray foam and undercoating. Good so far.

We're on third windshield washer pump

- Mine doesn't work now. Adding to list for trip to dealer.

Floor tiles damaged by couch glide-second set starting to show same damage

- Same issue here. I have a few spare tiles for repair later. Will have dealer look at slide roller for possible adjustment

Water pump cycles for about 2 seconds every 3 minutes with all faucets/valves shut off
Long slide came out 2-3" during travel
Battery contact wires loose at starter connection and frame ground loose; stranded in Iowa
Both thermostats defective and replaced
Center bath ceiling has to be struck on side to get it to come on
Steps rattle loudly during travel
Long slide won't sweep away water when closed after rain

- Same issue here - will have dealer look at slide seal.

Horrible smell under front dinette seat (almost like vomit)
Clothes bar in wardrobes fell out-screwed into glue not any backing above in roof
Wardrobe drawer kept coming open during travel, they replaced with heavier latch which tore out of cheap particle board

This could be a really great coach but we have no confidence in anything working right and are always worried about the next problem popping up. Really spoils the fun we hoped for when traveling and enjoying retirement. Actually end out to dealer this morning to replace dash blower motor but I think it's a ground wire issue since it works/won't work at very random intervals but what do I know! The quality control at Forest City is a joke.
Also had these other issue son our rig -

Before leaving dealer lot -

- Rear AC control board failed and was replaced.
- Hydraulic jack pump failed and was replaced.

And more recently -

- Hose clamps on rear macerator toilet were not properly tightened at the factory..... Don't ask how I found this out....
Old 09-14-2014, 06:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Let me know if you ever come across a real fix for the 4 floor tile in front of the couch. Ours were replaced in July at GNR in Forest City. It happens fast.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Update on Forza 38R dash blower motor

After three unsuccessful trips to a dealer 45 miles away, Winnebago in Forest City Iowa was finally convinced to send a motor to the dealer. The dealer installed it and I have had no more problems.
HOWEVER, I am on my 4th Windshield Washer reservoir with built in pump. I now carry a very small ball peen hammer and tap on the windshield wash pump to get it to come on. Imagine having to do this when you need to use your washers during or after a rain storm. This is just so ridiculous that a company this big can't get a windshield washer pump that works. I think it would make a great cartoon. How would this go over on your standard family sedan or minivan? And they cost a LOT less than a Forza 38R.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Glad you got the blower fixed. Good luck with your other issues. My washer pump has gone out too....
Old 10-05-2014, 08:19 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Sounds like they R buying cheap parts to put in their expensive Motor Homes.
Hiring cheap labor to assemble their expensive Motor Homes.
Seeing their profits sore.
Not the same quality as earlier built chassis.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, dash air, heater