Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2022, 06:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2013 Vista Exterior Wall Delamination

I have a 2013 Vista 26HE and I am heart broken. Today I went and took the old RV for a wash at my favorite wash place blue beacon. After they washed the MH, I noticed a leak in the passenger side wall above the window behind the puffy crown molding.

When I walked around the outside of the MH, I noticed that the exterior wall below the passenger window has a very distinct bubble, where the exterior wall is delaminating from the inner structural wall.

Talking to the Service Manager where I have decided to have this looked at, he stated that in order to replace this delaminated section the complete side of the Motor Home will have to be removed as there are no seams where you could replace sections of the exterior wall. He told me that Winnebago uses some type of vacuumed sandwiched lamination method and that the exterior walls cannot be repaired in sections but that the whole wall needs replaced.

I called Winnebago and talked to the fantastic people at their Customer Care team and was basically told that if the manufactured defect was not found within the first 3 years 36000 miles of the MH's life, then there is no defect that they will repair or replace.

I found it kind of insulting that after spending $90,000.00+ that they feel that if a defect like a COMPLETE EXTERNAL WALL is found after 3 years that they do not seem to care at all about it.

Has anyone here in the forum had any type of issue with delamination of a recent 2010 or younger Winnebago MH and could tell me what they did to fix the issue. Or if you were able to get through to someone who gives 1/2 a darn at Winnebago that I can talk to. I am really having a hard time getting my head around replacing a complete external wall for a delamination issue on the passenger side wall above the ground to the bottom of the window. I would include pictures but they do not do the problem any justice as it is hard to see in a picture and is easier to see up close and personal.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Jski2364 is offline   Reply With Quote