Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-21-2021, 09:23 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2013 Vista 27N slideout motor removal

HELP!!!!!
I have a 2013 vista 27N I need to remove the slideout motor on the dinette slldeout. It is the one next to the bathroom wall so not easy to get at !!
I have looked at several videos that show how to remove but on my unit the space between the slide frame and the wall of the slideout is not large enough to remove the motor either on the inside or the out side.
I presently have the motor disengaged so can manually move the slide.
Anybody have the solution or know where to get the info for it???
lewben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 02:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Lippert makes at least 3 styles of slideouts and I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple more kinds that they sell that I'm not aware of.

So, can you tell us what kind of slide out it is? Schwintec, ThinRail, Under Floor, Thru-Frame????? Cause that would help.

I put your RV info in your title to hopefully attract someone with direct knowledge to respond to your question. You might look at the 3D Parts list to get a better look at the motor and it's location.

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/2013/13wfe27n.htm

I looked at your Parts list and it's a Schwintec Slide. The motors are at the top on both sides. Supposedly you can fold back the seal and get at it and it is removable by unplugging it and moving it out.

This video is from 2014 - he talks about Lippert has added a notch to easily get at the motor. Since yours is a 2013 you may not have that. In the video he says the older versions you had to remove a trim strip with screws all the way down to get at the motor. Perhaps that is what you need to pay attention to??

Old 12-21-2021, 07:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

On the 2015 Vista 27N I removed a Swintek motor from the outside of the RV.

On mine, there are long metal Winnebago made plates that run the length of the vertical slide walls that are mounted to the outside RV wall with many screws. The Swintek frames that mount to the RV walls are tied into those plates. The W plates have a cutout at motor height so you can see the motor and remove it if need be from the outside. The plates are hidden behind a piece of decorative vertical vinyl trim, on mine it had 1 screw thru the trim at the bottom to keep it from sliding down.

I think if memory serves there is a retaining screw in the metal plate that goes into the motor housing that must be backed out so the motor can be lifted up off the shaft for removal.

It did not look to me like it was possible to remove the motor from the inside on my 2015 27N, because of that retaining screw you can only get to from the outside.

If memory serves the slide has to be out a ways to get access to replace the motor, at least about 12" but more is better.
powercat_ras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

slideout motor removal

Thanks for the reply On my unit the vinyl trim piece seems to be caulked in place so will have to cut that loose, I believe all else seems to be as you advised thankyou again
lewben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 02:31 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I think there was only one gob of adhesive caulk on the back side at the bottom of the trim piece that you needed to release to get it to slide down to get it out. Some trims were secured only by the adhesive on mine. The ones on the dinette slide had the screw, too.
powercat_ras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 10:25 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slideout, removal, slide