Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-18-2020, 05:27 AM   #1
RNB
Winnebago Watcher

2013 Sightseer bed tilt problem

Good morning
The bed tilt system my 2013 sightseer will not operate. Stuck in the travel position.I have tried to by resetting panel breakers but no go. Any help will be appreciated
Regards
RNB
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:54 AM   #2
Site Team

There is a microswitch under the bed that keeps it from putting the bed down if it thinks the slide has not been extended. You can lift the bed to either bend the tab that activates the switch, or bypass the switch. My bed did this the day we purchased our coach. We had camped across the street from the dealer so they sent a tech over and he fixed ours by bending the tab. But I didn’t see what he did.

I know I’ve read posts on this fix, but in my searching this morning can’t find the answer yet. I’ll keep searching and report back.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:02 AM   #3
Site Team

Searching the site for similar issues, some have also mentioned pinched wires and bad motors.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:14 AM   #4
Site Team

Found a little bit. The limit switch is at the top of the bed. I’ve read it’s on the right side but I swear the guy that repaired ours did so on the left side.

The switch has two yellow wires connected.

The folks I read about that bypassed the microswitch removed the two yellow wires and wired them together. This makes the bed think the slide is out all the time. So you’d have to be careful to not operate the slide with the bed in the wrong position.

I think there maybe two switches, one to indicate when the slide is out and another to determine the slide is in. The PowerGear slide controller at the foot of the bed is part of the system too, I’ve read.

I swear it took the tech 1 min or less to adjust the limit switch but I did not see what he did. I was holding the bed up and it was very heavy. Difficult for me to keep it from falling on the guy.

Here’s the post that I’m referring to. Read this one and the ones following. Hope it helps.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/201...ml#post2415323
Old 05-18-2020, 12:10 PM   #5
Site Team

My wife reminded me this morning, one time this happened recently that the bed would not extend. She said we stood at the end of the bed and "bumped" it forward with our hips and this must have made the microswitch work because the bed started working with the control button again.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I've not had that problem, but I have had the one where the system thinks the bed is not up and I couldn't bring in the slide. It is a similar problem as described with a limit switch that didn't close. You will hate this temporary solution if you have the problem. Find the controller (ours was in a box at the foot of the bed) and switch the direction wires. I don't remember if they were marked up/down or some other thing showing direction. Anyway, once you do that, push the "out" button for the slide and the slide will come in. This bypasses the limit switch. Now the problem is getting to the wires to switch them back. I learned this "trick" from a tech that got our slide in when it was locked out. This was a Lippard control system on the bed and on the slide.
RTrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:12 PM   #7
RNB
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNB View Post
Good morning
The bed tilt system my 2013 sightseer will not operate. Stuck in the travel position.I have tried to by resetting panel breakers but no go. Any help will be appreciated
Regards
RNB
Thanks everyone who replied to my bed issue.
I have to tell you that I have solved the problem.
I feel so stupid its not even funny. For some reason, in my mind, I assumed, and I don't know why, as I have extended this bed numerous times that the bed aleways extended when the slide went out. For several days I tried to find the problem. Then the light bulb came "On" I remembered that once the slide was extended on my coach that there are two controls - one on each side of the bed. I tried this and the bed extended like it should. Go ahead have a laugh - we all need one now during this covid 19 pandemic. My wife made no comment!!
Again Thank you - safe travels
Robert Bauer
2013 Sighteer
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sightseer