Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-13-2021, 07:32 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

2012 Itasca 37F Leveling Jack Reservoirlocation

I am having trouble locating the leveling system pump reservoir. It doesn't appear to be under the hood or behind the left front wheel. I get a jack down alarm, whenever I hit a bump. Troubleshooting guide says that is a symptom of low fluid level.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 09:17 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

This may be a mystery or it might be just hiding??
There are two builds of the leveling system on that year, one before March 2011 and one after but they both seem to show the same location for the pump and the tank is always on the end of the pump for me, so perhaps a closer look is needed?

Any small compartment doors on the left front behind the wheel? That's what I have on Vista.

Word of caution if not looked at before is that there may be two caps for fluid, one down on the side which you may see first if looking up from under and that is the WRONG one to open so look for one on top of tank!
I noticed my error when fluid ran all down my arm!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pump.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	180152   Click image for larger version

Name:	pump1.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	180153  

Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 10:20 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210713_120344.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	331.3 KB
ID:	180154Wow!!! What were they thinking? You have the location right but my model has steps for the drivers door in that location. It appears that the entire fender, steps and all, is hinged. I will have to remove about 5-6 screws to disconnect the bottom fender brackets. The black tape in the picture is because my front fender bracket is bent. A semi, in front of me, clipped a construction barrel and sent it into my lane, yesterday. The bent bracket was luckily the only damage. Waiting to get home to straighten it. The jack down issue was occurring before hitting the barrel, so the two are not related. EDIT: Thanks for the quick reply. EDIT2 : I appear to have version #2, with the return springs, but I have no crossbar. Strange!
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, itasca, leveling