Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-03-2021, 03:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2004 Winnebago Brave HWH Slide Ram Cap Access

On our first major outing with our used Brave we we found ourselves >700 miles from home with slides that would not retract.

We had to open the breather screws on the solenoids and 3 of us push-push-push-push...pushed the slides in. I wen to the nearest Lowes, bought some wood and hand saw to make splints for the slides that would keep them from sliding out during transit.

A big puddle of hydraulic fluid told us that we would probably have a hydraulic line to fix when we got home.

Now I'm home, trying to find this leak. It looks like it is coming from the cap end of one of the rams, but I cannot see how to access it.

I'm sure that the answer is somewhere in the forum archives, but I ant seem to get the search to narrow down what I'm looking for.

Here is what I'm looking at...

I cut the tie-wraps on the wet bundle of hydraulic lines. Many of the sheaths where full of fluid. So, I was looking for the highest wet point that was dripping down on all of them.

I saw fluid dripping out of the boxed-in area where the ram is. But I don't know how to get in there to look at it.

I'm also wondering what purpose this broken-hinged bracket serves:

While I was looking, I also found this:
MarkCoburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:59 PM   #2

Well, I can't give you specific information, but this video may give you some idea of how HWH builds their rams. Mind you, this is for a different coach, but it maybe similar to your set up. IDK. But you will learn something by watching it I'm sure.

To find your HWH parts (and maybe schematics) this link may get you there:

Coach-Specific Replacement Parts & Manuals – HWH® Corporation

Note: In the OP's last picture I can see a hanger bolt that has broke or sheared-off.
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brave, hwh, slide, winnebago