Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-15-2020, 02:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2002 Adventurer Porch Light Cover?

Hello! I have an 02 Adventurer and the lens for my Porch Light flew off! I tried researching it through the parts (http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...GO/2wfg32v.pdf) but the one I thought was it "097917-01-06A" - doesn't appear to be correct as I can't find it elsewhere. Does anyone know the size or correct part number I need for the porch lens?!

Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:43 PM   #2
Site Team

That looks like a standard RV part - nothing special.

Here's an Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-E.../dp/B0797YB4SC

They come in clear or amber. The amber helps not attract bugs.

PS. I checked your part number and the above is the correct lens as shown in your parts list.
Old 10-15-2020, 04:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
That looks like a standard RV part - nothing special.

Here's an Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-E.../dp/B0797YB4SC

They come in clear or amber. The amber helps not attract bugs.

PS. I checked your part number and the above is the correct lens as shown in your parts list.
Thank you so much!
Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:24 PM   #4

On day and night I left my porch light on and the old style bulb melted my lens. So I ordered the clear lens, but I also bought a yellow LED light from Walmart and I like this combination better over using a standard white light.

FYI, the LED porch light is the same used in some car taillights. So don't think you have to pay more for LED lights from a specialty LED seller or from Camping World, which changes a lot for these things, vs. buying a lower priced LED at Walmart.

I also bought a few white-LEDs (also used for car taillights) for use in a few key 12V lamps located inside my RV.

* One in my shower

* Two over the bed as a night light, but I have to say it was hard seating the LED bulb in these lights due to space limitations, but it can be done.

Note: It's amazing how hot old light bulbs get. This is especially true of halogen lights. However, it also makes no sense to replace all the halogen bulbs in your coach... which you hardly ever use... and it's costly! So just replace the bulbs you do use often. ...Like the bedroom light fixture.

Hot bulbs also means you are using high current so if you boondock often this is important, but there is no need to replace an old bulb if you hardly ever use it.

* I just checked out the Amazon link posted by Thunder and found this option to buy a bunch of cargo bulbs for $12. This is a great price for 10 bulbs!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LY7MLQV...02_02_t_img_lh

* And since we are discussing LED light bulbs, I now see you can get 4 bathroom fixture bulbs for $16, which is also a great price, and you probably use your bathroom fixture more than any other light in your RV with the exception of your fluorescent kitchen lights. So I plan on buying these myself:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BZ9R1HK...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, light, vent