Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-07-2021, 03:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2001 Itasca Touch-Up Paint

Hi-
I've discovered that the Dupont Imron line of paint that was used in 2001 has been "obsoleted." The color used on my entire lower 1/3 (basement) is 92K – Blue Green Metallic – F4591U.
Now I need to touch up some minor scratches and chips. The local automotive paint shop can match the paint, but it'll cost $70/pint and an additional $15 a pint to put it in aerosol cans! Has anyone found something like Dupli-color that comes close to these older colors?
I had some major damage from a right front blowout a year ago. Camping World tried their best but their workmanship on the body SUCKED, except the painting was good. I could ask Camping World what paint they used, but left there a little HOT, really not wanting to go back.
Thanks,
Grady Wilson
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:46 PM   #2

Does your Dupont come with paint codes?

My 2004 Itasca Horizon 40AD uses Sherwin Williams Paint and CDI codes.

Note: CDI is the company located next to Winnebago in Forest City, IA. They painted all the Winnebago RVs back then and probably most of the Class "A" coaches now. (I think.)

CDI may have painted your RV. IDK, but you can call them. I did, but they really could not help me with a small quantity.

There is a company in Reno that does mail order and can probably get your color... if you know your oem paint code.

Here is the company's information: https://www.paintscratch.com/company/about.html

===

Anyway, I can take my CDI code number, to almost any paint Jobber, and most of the time the paint color will match car color paint codes... and with this number you can try to locate cheaper paint... and then buy a high quality clear coat.

Note: I worked pretty hard to find my green color scheme in auto paint colors, and in my case only 2 out of 4 colors were a match.

My darkest green is a Kia color; and my lightest green is a Honda color.

However, even with good auto color numbers, most auto parts stores will not stock the paint because new cars use different colors, but you can try.

The best solution: Plan a trip to Puerto Penasco, Mexico and stay at The Reef RV Park in Rocky Point. There Carlos and Pablo will do a fantastic job, they only use high quality Sherwin Williams Auto Paint, and the best clear coat on the market. You will love the price too.

Here's the thread for more information:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ew-358003.html

BTW, I'm staying at the Reef right now so Carlos can spray a Rhino-Like truck bed liner (in green) on my RV front bumper. And they always warranty their work!

Boarder crossing took 2 minutes. No problemo crossing in Lukeville, AZ too! (In both directions.)
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, paint