Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-21-2022, 09:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

1993 Sunrise Marker Lights- Replacements?

Can anyone tell me where I can source new or replacements for the five orange marker lights?
If I had my druthers, I would fiberglass over the openings and be done with it, but I am sure that would not be legal.
It seems everyone I speak to has or has had problems with water leaking through into the space and eventually making its way down the windshield or dripping on the dash.
Before our first trip this summer through Vermont we rented a scaffolding and I got up and removed all of them. To my dismay, they all had some issues and obviously someone had tried this before. But I cleaned out all the openings of all sealants and gunk.
A trip to several local auto/truck parts store brought no soloution and not even a close fit. "They are from an RV, you will have to get them from Winnebago." was the standard answer.
Well with the scaffold costing me money and my vacation time burning away, I proceeded to epoxy the broken lenses together in hope that they would not leak.Most had been overtightened and had broken lenses as well as the back of the lamp plastic case was broken. I applied massive amounts of Dicor (not the self leveling) in the openings and carefully put the lights in and then did the ugliest job of caulking around them I have ever seen. I just wanted them not to leak. Well, they did.
So now I want to do or get the job done properly but want to have the parts in hand first. The existing ones have had the bulbs changed to LEDs so I guess the breakage started there.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
On a happy note, we LOVE OUR RV! We had a sensational time and despite her being 29 years old, she runs smooth as silk on the interstates and highways, though my wife is still getting used to the 8 foot width. Me too..LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sunrise markers.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	183594  
SunriseMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 02:01 PM   #2
Site Team

Guess what the first thing we need to know to provide any real help to you???

Your Year, model and floor plan for your motorhome.

Have you looked at the online 3D Parts list? Have you contacted any Winnebago dealer - such as www.llichtsinn.com/?

Clearance Lights can be problematic, but gennerally they are not impossible to find. If only we knew what motorhome you have and what year it was manufactured.
Old 07-21-2022, 02:09 PM   #3
Site Team

After I posted that I did a little digging in your Profile and found that you have a 1993 Itasca Sunrise

That led me to the online Parts Catalog (it's not 3D like the newer models) but stumbled on the Clearance Lights and all their part numbers. Check this out and note the part numbers - then either contact the website I linked to above or check online for the parts you need.

Here's the link to your parts list:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File.../93icf23rc.pdf

And here's the part numbers for your Clearance Lights - click on the image to see it larger.

PS. We still need you to list your year, model and floorplan each time you request help in future posts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 3.05.03 PM.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	183599  
Old 07-23-2022, 05:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Creativepart!!!!!!Thanks so much!!! I connected with Tonya at WinnebagoParts.com and will be ordering the five I need and a couple of spares on Monday.
I apologize for not mentioning the model and year of my Winnie, so thanks for putting in an even greater effort to figure it out. Interestingly as I was doing the research after your lead I have come to the conclusion that despite my registration saying I own a 1993 it is in fact based on the photos and logos a 1994 Winnebago Itascas Sunrise. Wonder how that happened? So here I was thinking next year would be her 30th birthday. So 29 for another year LOL. Again thanks for the help.
SunriseMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 08:34 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunriseMtl View Post
I apologize for not mentioning the model and year of my Winnie, so thanks for putting in an even greater effort to figure it out. Interestingly as I was doing the research after your lead I have come to the conclusion that despite my registration saying I own a 1993 it is in fact based on the photos and logos a 1994 Winnebago Itascas Sunrise. Wonder how that happened? So here I was thinking next year would be her 30th birthday. So 29 for another year LOL. Again thanks for the help.
Depending on the timing of your build, the VIN for your chassis can indicate 1993 even if your MH is a 1994 model. That could explain the discrepancies in the dates.

You might want to go to the User CP in the toolbar and set up a signature block similar to mine and creativepart's that lists the particulars of your MH. That way it's always there for us.
BobC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 09:45 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunriseMtl View Post
I have come to the conclusion that despite my registration saying I own a 1993 it is in fact based on the photos and logos a 1994 Winnebago Itascas Sunrise.
No guessing required. Next to the driver's seat, on the wall, is a placard that has your official description including model year. That is the official year - not the chassis, not the front fascia design. Go by that information.

It's good to know the Chassis year for chassis parts purposes. But it's not unusual for the Chassis to be a year prior to your RV's manufacture.

NOTE: The location I mentioned is common in more modern coaches. I assume it's the same in a 29-year old coach. But I don't know for sure. It's on your RV somewhere because it's required by law.
Old 07-23-2022, 02:37 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks again and I have updated my signature!

Tags
light, lights, replacement, replace, ace