Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2018, 03:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

'04 Adventurer drivers seat adjustment

I have a 2004 winnebago adventurer V33.

I recently bought this motor home which had a lot of deferred maintenance,

The driver seat slide adjuster is broken. There is a cable that is actuated by the side lever that is just loose under the seat. I have looked at the passenger seat, I can see where the cable attaches there but the drivers seat seems to be either different or parts are missing. If any one knows how this hooks up, I would appreciate your help. The seat is a little far back for me.

Thanks for reading,
Creede
Creede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hello and welcome. Are your seats made by Flexsteel? I assume they are manual adjustments and not power seats?
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I don't know who made the seats. I can see if there is some info under the seat.
Tthe slide and swivel are manual. There is a motor that I think adjusts the incline of the back. I have not done anything with it.
Thanks for the reply,
Creede
Old 12-13-2018, 04:30 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Seats

Winnebago class A motor home seats and bases are not made by Flexsteel. They are made by or for Winnebago. The adjustment forward and back is made by one of two "tab" levers below the left side of the seat. As noted, there is a cable from the lever to the mechanism. If repair can't be made and/or parts can't be found, a complete Winnebago seat base could be obtained from an RV salvage dealer, hopefully at a reasonable price.
jbrattain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your input. To be brief, there was operator error involved. There is a cable from the lever on the right side of the drivers seat that goes no where. When I decided to remove the seat to see how it works, I discovered that it is motorized and had not seen the button by the seat belt.
I thought that it would work like the passenger seat.
Thanks again for your response.
Creede
Old 12-13-2018, 01:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Good for you. Everyone deserves forgiveness for a brain fart now and then.
jbrattain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:36 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have an 04 38ft Adventurer. My seats have adjustments on both sides. The left side handles were broken on both seats. I thought this adjusted the back tilt. I contacted Winnebago parts online. They sent me the buttons for the right which had the cable attached. I then took some photos and emailed them to the Parts Dept. I found a seat manual on line and was able to get a part number. Turns out the left lever adjusts the lumbar support and now works and I have some spare parts. I found the Parts Dept. very friendly and helpful. Don't forget to contact them for info and/or parts.
BobT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, driver, vent