Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-23-2020, 08:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Valve Stem Extension Stabilizer for 22.5″ Freightliner Aluminum Wheela

So I'm hoping someone can help me with this dilemma for the extensions on my inside rear duallies. I bought this 2018 Forza 38W in May and when checking the air pressure a week after I did the PDI I noticed the inside passenger side tire was down to 40PSI. I filled it up hoping it was a fluke since the tires seemed to be wearing fine. I took it for a weeks trip and notice it was still losing air so when I brought it back for another repeat issue to be repaired the dealer agreed to have the tire fixed even if it meant replacing it. So they sent it to a local large truck/RV tire shop who said the tire was fine that the wrong extensions were put on the rears. They changed both sides out and put rubber stabilizer only on one side because tire shop claimed that they didn't have another one and didn't know where to get them. Really, a truck/rv tire shop??? but I told the dealer I'm heading out we will see how it goes without the rubber on that one side. Well tires psi stayed fine for the entire 800 mile RT though I now notice the other tire's stabilizer is coming off the side that had one and the RVi TPMS monitor had some wear on it. I called freightliner because I thought I read about a recall but the Freightliner support tech said he knew nothing about it. I'm heading back to the dealer for another warranty issue tomorrow so I'm going to have a little deeper discussion with them. I'm going to try to attach pictures but looking what others may do. Being Aluminum rims attaching a clip to it doesn't seem like a good option. Any suggestions on a more permanent solution even if I need to buy it and install it.
Thanks and appreciate the feedback....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drivers Side Back Rim2.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	296.9 KB
ID:	174750   Click image for larger version

Name:	TPMS 2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	174751  

Click image for larger version