Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-05-2021, 06:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Tow ball height

I have an American Car Tow Dolly that I use when I think we will need our toad on a trip. The tow dolly required a specific height from the ground to the top of the ball on the hitch, but I have forgotten what that height was and apparently the company is no longer in business. At the very least their website, which contained that information is no longer accessible. If anyone could tell me what that height is I would appreciate it.

Alternately I could calculate the ball height from the height of the bottom (or top) of the hitch receiver on the 2018 Winnebago Fuse we used when towing, but we no longer have it. We seem to be in the process of trading it for a newer slide-less B+ and it is currently in the secured lot of the dealer. I could go there and probably beg and plead to be allowed access to it, but the dealer is pretty far away and I would like to find another solution to this problem if possible.

So either the height specification for the hitch ball for the American Car Tow Dolly or the height of the bottom or top of the receiver would allow me to properly hook up the dolly and car to the new RV when we have it. It would be a great help it if someone could give me either of those pieces of information.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

The recommended height is 17”.

Disappointed that they’ve closed up shop. Just bought ours in February this year. It’s a nicely built piece.
Jrprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:34 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Not sure he's out of business. I heard from a buddy that recently met up with the ACD owner for a repair. He said he had shut the web site down for a bit as he was so backed up on business and orders he needed a break. Second hand info but sounds reasonable.

I checked in with him for some info a few weeks back and he was very responsive
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:10 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hopefully that is the case. When I received our dolly he did seem a bit tired and expressed that demand was through the roof.
Jrprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 02:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprock View Post
Hopefully that is the case.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow