Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-04-2020, 08:18 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Talking about mileage I get exactly the same mileage towing or not. Going uphill or down tow or not I get 6.65 2017 Ford V10 Triton
Smittty54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 06:28 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

My wife and I just bought a used 2010 Aspect 28B eight days ago. Two days later, I read up on potential Toad vehicles (Motorhome magazine's annual edition on the subject is outstanding), and went out and bought a 2014 Nissan Versa S five-speed which is currently being modified with the Blue Ox flat tow - back plate and tow bar configuration. We haven't used the RV yet, but neither my wife or I could imagine hooking up to a RV park without having a set of wheels to get us around...
JDHarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 06:31 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHarrin View Post
My wife and I just bought a used 2010 Aspect 28B eight days ago. Two days later, I read up on potential Toad vehicles (Motorhome magazine's annual edition on the subject is outstanding), and went out and bought a 2014 Nissan Versa S five-speed which is currently being modified with the Blue Ox flat tow - back plate and tow bar configuration. We haven't used the RV yet, but neither my wife or I could imagine hooking up to a RV park without having a set of wheels to get us around...
Congrats on the Aspect! We love ours and we tow a 2014 Fiat Pop with the Blue Ox setup as well. Good luck!

Al
Old 07-28-2020, 07:58 PM   #24
Proud “No Intent” Owner

We bought a small unit to be able to get into any National Park, and many have length restrictions, if not the park itself, some of the roads leading into and out of them.

Have people who tow a toad found limitations in this regard?
Old 11-09-2020, 01:22 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

90% of the time I'm towing a tricked out street legal Polaris Ranger which has ac/heat etc. Also we have one or two Harleys going with us. To get a MH that pulled all the I would have to up the power a bit probably over 400HP. I'm taking a trip to Az for 2-3 weeks and the rental car was pretty cheap in comparison to a 20,000- 40,000 TOAD
HollywoodGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:17 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

So what make the polaris street legal or not, and and have you had any issues being pulled over when driving it
Winnie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:36 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodGT View Post
90% of the time I'm towing a tricked out street legal Polaris Ranger which has ac/heat etc. Also we have one or two Harleys going with us. To get a MH that pulled all the I would have to up the power a bit probably over 400HP. I'm taking a trip to Az for 2-3 weeks and the rental car was pretty cheap in comparison to a 20,000- 40,000 TOAD
Some of those Rangers are more expensive than my VW Golf.

With all of those vehicles, I would have expected you to be pulling something like the Spyder toy hauler. Then a toad would not be an issue.
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:06 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
We bought a small unit to be able to get into any National Park, and many have length restrictions, if not the park itself, some of the roads leading into and out of them.

Have people who tow a toad found limitations in this regard?
We do not often find a problem with the site having enough for the shorter 30 foot Rv and tow as many are made for longer RV and worst case seems to be that we wind up parked sideways across the front of the Rv or one time we did need to go to a overflow parking with the tow car to keep from reducing the street access more than we felt "nice".
The main problem we find with towing is that we have to be much more certain that there is a way out that doesn't involve backing! We sometimes send the passenger out to look behind something like a building before committing to circle behind it to get back out to the street.
I'm surprised at how agreeable folks tend to be when they spot us looking the situation over before pulling in.
Currently one of the bigger headaches we find is that we can't use fast food drive throughs due to size both height and length but we also are not allowed to walkup---only drive up! But then there are lots of other places, so we move on!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:59 PM   #29
Winnebago Watcher

Good advice. Thanks
mariner949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:28 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

UPDATE - for my 65th Birthday in January, I bought myself a "real" Jeep - a 2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Sahara Edition. I am IN LOVE with this car. So easy to hook up, to tow, COMFORTABLE, RUGGED, just my dream car!! I'd post a photo here but I haven't figured out how to find the URL for a personal photo!
MollyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:22 AM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyM View Post
I'd post a photo here but I haven't figured out how to find the URL for a personal photo!
There are two ways to post a photo. One way is to embed the photo from some as website as you described but the other is to attach the photo to your post by uploading it.

Here is how this is done.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3773760

It will work from a phone or tablet as well, just be sure the image is correctly oriented. Take the photo with the device turned horizontally not vertically with your home button to the right and volume buttons facing down.

Tags
toad