Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

No lights at MH 7pin connector ?

I'm new to the forum and I've been searching through old threads for related threads but didn't find anything exactly decribing the problem I'm having. It may be more of an electrical problem but since it concerns the towing lights I thought I'd post it here.

The lights on our Istaca Sunstar all are working normally but there were no lights to the toad. Yes, with the engine running and the lights ON To eliminate the toad I plugged in a Curt tester to the MH 7pin connector and only have the indicator for the 12v power connection. I presumed that means the ground is properly connected, which was my first thought since none of the lights are working. I confirmed the ground connection with a multimeter. Since none of the lights (i.e. taillights, blinkers and brake lights) work I'm not sure what to check next. The motorhome is new to me and I was told it all used to work. I didn't find reference in the manuals about them being fused and in my poking around haven't found any. Not sure what to do or what to check next. And, that's why I'm here soliciting ideas ? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated !!

Thanks !
Old 08-26-2018, 04:19 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

They are probably fused. Turn on the turn signals and walk around the out side listening at all the compartments for relays clicking. If you find one open it up and look for fuses.

If you would place your year make and model in the signature block it will make it easier for folks to help.

Welcome to iRV2
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 06:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the suggestion. And, signature updated :-)
Old 08-26-2018, 06:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the suggestion. And, signature updated
Old 08-26-2018, 06:29 PM   #5
Just Trying to Help

Z-

According to the 2013 Ford chassis manual (link here), page 76, Fuse F15 in the Battery Junction Box feeds the "trailer tow park lamps." The relay for that function is, according to page 78, number 8 in the diode and relay module box. These two boxes are mounted under the hood, against the firewall, in the middle of the coach, up high on the firewall.

According to page 81 of the same manual, Fuse 22 in the Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel feeds the trailer tow turn signals. There are two relays on the same panel, number 1 for the trailer left turn signal and number 2 for the trailer right turn signal. The Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel is usually found to the left of the steering column. This Winnebago drawing (part of the wiring diagram set for your coach), shows the Ford fuse panel as above the circuit breaker panel that is next to the driver's left foot.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Mark,

Thanks so much ! I didn't find the chassis manual among the documents I got from the previous owner (my father-in-law). Unfortunately I had to take it back to the storage area this afternoon so I won't have a chance to get it fixed for a bit :-(. I'll let you what it turns out be.

Thanks again !
Old 03-07-2019, 10:32 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I am having the exact same problem. I have a 2016 view 24v. Any idea where the fuses would be. Thanks for any help
Jhumphreyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights